Sports Development Athletics Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Sarasota County Government Sarasota
Sarasota County Government Sarasota urgently required following position for Sports Development Athletics Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sports Development Athletics Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Sarasota County Government Sarasota Jobs Details:
Sports Development & Athletics Supervisor ( Official Job Title: Business Professional II - Parks ): Under direction of the Division Manager, performs highly responsible professional work of a difficult and responsible nature in developing and implementing an organized use of playable athletic fields. ( Note: Sarasota County does not provide direct athletic league programming, but partners with over 40 leagues and organizations with facility use agreements and numerous other users through recreation permits. The division provides and maintains the athletic fields where programming occurs .) Coordinates with various leagues, Visit Sarasota, Sports Commission, government agencies and other users to plan, organize and implement a variety of sporting events. Work is performed in accordance with broad policies with considerable latitude for independent judgment as to details and execution. Manages central processing for 113 athletic fields including scheduling, payment and billing processing.
- Manages central processing center for athletic field scheduling, payment, and billing processing. Ensures proper implementation of pricing plan. Monitor’s account receivables ensuring the timely collection of payments. Manage revenue collection in excess of $300,000.
- Oversees firstname.lastname@example.org with multiple staff to ensure effective and efficient communication.
- Coordinate with staff regarding lighting and software issues (Skylogix , MUSCO, and RecTrac).
- Handles citizen complaints and explains County ordinances, policies, and procedures. Function as a liaison with various user groups and organizations within area assigned.
- In order to maximize the appearance and integrity of playing surfaces, park amenities, structures and landscape. Responsible for communicating all maintenance issues necessary to support leagues and tournaments.
- Serves as contract administrator managing contractual, compliance and reporting requirements for Board approved Recreation Facility Use Agreements or similar contracts.
- Facilitates the contract development and amendment process for athletic field usage.
- Conducts quarterly athletic meetings to review all current policies and procedures to all leagues.
- Attends athletic league and partnered organization board meetings.
- Manages proactive assessments of fraud awareness, prevention, detection and risk mitigation activities in area of responsibility; oversees financial, compliance, operational and performance audits; reviews audit findings and ensures appropriate controls are established and implemented.
- Manages, directs, coaches, assigns, mentors, trains, evaluates, hires, and supervises direct staff. May assume authority for the division in manager's absence.
- Develops and writes operating procedures.Ensures compliance to county guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures proper collection of data in support of performance metrics.
- Development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards within work unit and assists with the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and procedures, and work schedules for the division and the department.
- Maintains effective relations with a variety of government officials, civic groups, leagues, community organizations, groups and the public. Works closely with County staff to provide comprehensive athletic recreation services to County residents and to solve a broad range of service delivery, community and administrative problems.
- Prepares management reports; collects, analyzes and evaluates data and information develops conclusions and recommendations. Maintains time and production records.
- May serve as a project liaison for athletic related capital projects.
- Serves as a liaison to Visit Sarasota Sports Commission coordinating athletic field usage and other services in support of large athletic events that bring economic impact to the area.
- Manages tournament process coordinating field usage with ongoing users. Works with Maintenance Manager to ensure appropriate staffing and resource assignments.
- Manages division volunteer program. Develops volunteer opportunities and develops necessary training. Ensures the collection of league and partner volunteer data. Ensures division reaches volunteer goals set by department.
Minimum Qualifications : A Ba c h e l o r 's D e gr e e fr o m an accr e d i t ed c o l l ege or uni v ers ity in Public Administration, Business, Finance, Recr e a t io n , L e isure Services or Education o r closely rel a t ed f i e l d a nd at lea s t two ( 2 ) y e ars o f p rofess i o nal exp e rience preferably in the field of P a rks and Recreat i o n . Six (6) years of professional experience can be substituted at management discretion. Related professional program / project management may substitute for the required education.
- Certification by NRPA as a CPRP
- Previous Parks and Recreation experience
- Knowledge and use of RECTRAC
- Previous experience in managing contracts and sport tourism events
- Ability to manage/lead a unit project/program/team
- Ability to set program goals and manage timelines
- Ability to prioritize work effectively
- Ability to respond to high level, controversial issues
- Ability to educate and train internal/external customers
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop support staff
- Ability to demonstrates excellent time management skills
- Ability to identify trends through statistical analysis
- Ability to develop and ensure compliance of principles, policies and practices
- Ability to prepare/write grants
- Knowledge of contract negotiations
- Ability to anticipate and overcome barriers
- Ability to set objectives/goals and timelines
- Ability to develop schedules and assign work assignments
- Knowledge of SCG procurement processes and practices
- Knowledge of Computerized Systems (Maximo, RECTRAC, SKYLOGIX) and other work related applications
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA