*This is a 1st shift hourly position with a rate of $13.53/hour in Sanford, NC.*
Under general supervision, assembles/tests parts, components, or systems for BCP machines according to the specified work orders and other duties as assigned. Typically reports to a supervisor.
Job Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Requires an assembly, mechanical or electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of assembly practices.
· Uses various tools provided in the work area to perform assembly duties
· Mechanical job duties may include the following:
o Use of lifting devices to move heavy components of weights of more than 35 lbs.
o Rotation to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
o Operate Clayton/Sanford built products.
· Seeks out paint defects and may perform paint touch up as needed.
· Follows documented procedures standard work, routings, and blueprints to perform safe and defect free assembly and adjustment of components and prime product.
· Perform other related work duties as assigned.
· Follows and utilizes CPS (Caterpillar Production Systems) principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
· Keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
· Contributing team member
· Must have effective communications skills
For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Resource Industries, Construction Industries and Power Systems - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.
Building Construction Products (BCP) Division is a global division of Caterpillar Inc. that employs several thousand employees located at facilities worldwide. BCP has production facilities in the U.S. (Clayton, N.C.; Sanford, N.C.; Athens, Ga), UK, China, India and Brazil. Products designed, manufactured, and distributed by BCP include skid steer loaders, backhoe loaders, compact track loaders, multi-terrain loaders, small wheel loaders, small track-type tractors and mini-hydraulic excavators.
BCP is proud to be a family friendly, flexible employer with a very competitive Total Rewards package. We have been recognized as one of North Carolina’s Best Employers by Business North Carolina, a Family Friendly 50 employer by Morris Media Network and won the Capital Associated Industries (CAI) Ovation Award for HR excellence (Large Employer category). Our most recent recognitions include being named by the Triangle Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in the Triangle as well as being named a winner of the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility.
Seeking team members interested in helping build the foundation of a positive team focused culture while safely building quality machines.
Previous manufacturing experience is not required! You will receive on the job training to build quality machines.
- Previous employment or volunteer experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Top candidates will also have:
- Manufacturing experience
- Heavy equipment machine assembly experience (ex. tractors, loaders, skidsteers, etc.)
- Caterpillar product knowledge
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Intermediate proficiency with Standard Operating Procedures or Standard Work
- Experience working in a "team environment"
- Basic computer skills such as operating a computer in a Windows based environment
Additional Information: Resumes are highly encouraged from all applicants. This is a 1st shift hourly position with an entry wage of $13.53/hr located in Sanford, NC. No relocation benefits are available. Position includes a comprehensive medical/dental package.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.