Carpenter Jobs Vacancy in Jll Cambridge
Jll Cambridge urgently required following position for Carpenter. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Carpenter Jobs Vacancy in Jll Cambridge Jobs Details:
This position has a focus on maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing doors and door systems. A very high percentage of “wrench time” is expected. Individuals are expected to demonstrate a high technical expertise in general carpentry and construction preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair. The individual in this role must be available for call-in work and to perform other duties as required. The candidate must possess the ability to diagnose and repair equipment with minimal use of third party vendors.
- Oversees the daily operation, modification and upkeep of the campus' core infrastructure including operation, repair and PMs of building entries and egress routes
- Extensive work with customer requests for shelving and lab modifications/build outs.
- Repair and install new ceiling, dry wall, flooring, roofing etc.
- Replace/repair ceiling tiles and grid.
- Provide professional feedback to update preventative maintenance procedures.
- Maintain up to date & complete system documentation in a central resource location, for all repairs or changes to the system.
- Perform all maintenance include: mobilization of tools, equipment and materials; performing work with minimal disruption to occupants; properly maintaining required documentation, conducting immediate cleanup of work area including returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room; identifying and reporting all equipment problems, impending supply or material shortages to the carpentry lead technician.
- Maintain tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs.
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or state equivalent
- Two years of related trade schooling or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a carpenter or automatic door technician
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical or bio-tech building, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Prior knowledge of working within a research or GMP environment, a plus.
- Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment.
- Completion of written documentation.
- Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions.
- The working environment is a pharmaceutical manufacturing and office location.
- Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
Able to work on roofs of buildings
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf .