Graduate Transportation Planner Jobs Vacancy in Arup San Francisco
Arup San Francisco urgently required following position for Graduate Transportation Planner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Graduate Transportation Planner Jobs Vacancy in Arup San Francisco Jobs Details:
Graduate Transportation Planner (SAN000094) Primary Location : United States-California-San Francisco Discipline : Transport Planning Job Posting : 12-Jan-18
Graduate Transportation Planner Position available in 2018
The Integrated Planning team in San Francisco provides multimodal transportation planning services, with an emphasis on linking transportation to land use, community development, and sustainability. We work for public and private clients in the Bay Area and around North America. Some of our areas of expertise are transit operations, transit facility design, pedestrian modeling, and transportation master planning.
Arup is an independent planning, engineering, and consulting firm of 14,000 people in 42 countries around the world.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected planners, engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
We are seeking a Graduate Transportation Planner for 2018. As a Graduate Transportation Planner, you will learn and apply the following:
· Conducting background research on specific locations, strategies or policies
· Data collection and analysis
· Use of specialist software packages
· Completing and documenting technical analyses
· Report writing
· Attending team, consultant and client meetings
· Working with people from other disciplines to gain knowledge on new subjects.
· Proven interest in the field of transportation planning
· Bachelor’s degree and 3.0 GPA or higher
· A degree in a relevant analytical discipline
· Coursework in transportation planning and/or engineering
· Relevant intern and/or research experience
· Strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to demonstrate attention to detail
· Good time-management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
· Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas in an accessible way
· Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity.
· Master’s degree in Transportation Planning or Transportation Engineering
· Membership in at least one relevant professional organization
· Significant thesis, class project or studio work related to urban transportation planning, transportation engineering analysis, and/or transportation land use interface
· Internship with transportation consulting firm or major transportation agency
· Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
· Proven ability to perform in a paid work environment with intermittent supervision
· Past history of presentations and technical writing
· Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field.
Graduates become an essential part of the delivery team. In addition, we would provide you with excellent benefits, extensive training programs, and career mobility options.