Lab Asst Teterboro Jobs Vacancy in Quest Diagnostics Teterboro
Quest Diagnostics Teterboro urgently required following position for Lab Asst Teterboro. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lab Asst Teterboro Jobs Vacancy in Quest Diagnostics Teterboro Jobs Details:
Lab I Asst - Teterboro, NJ
Schedule: Tues-Sat 1:30a-10a
- Perform the daily activities as described below. Basic Purpose: Perform various routine laboratory functions in a precise and accurate fashion to assist the laboratory professional staff and to facilitate production.
- Sorting, and receiving specimens in the department.
- Performs routine instrument maintenance on some equipment.
- Performs laboratory tasks of centrifuging specimens, printing extra labels, recording data (temperature charts) specimen storage and retrieval.
- Preparing reagents and or media in the department.
- Preparing specimens at workstations for testing. (Including building worklists, aliquoting specimens into sample cups, checking specimens for clots and fibrin, inoculation, slide preparation)
- Performs QA/QC duties as assigned.
- Resolves pending lists.
- Finds missing samples.
- Decontaminates work areas.
- Performs weekly radioactive wipe tests.
- Maintains files for department records.
- Changes gas cylinders.
- Follows all PPE requirements and all safety regulations.
- Uses the laboratory computer system as well as operates PCs.
- Disposes of biohazardous material.
- Completes training and competency checklists as appropriate.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of the work performed by this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Medical assistant training helpful. Math and science courses preferred.
Work Experience: None required
- Must have the ability to establish work priorities and to handle several tasks for maximum workstation efficiency.
- Must be able to retain information once learned.
- Must interact with other coworkers, internal and external customers with courtesy and respect.
Key Word Search: laboratory, medical
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an
Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.