Junior Computer Programmer Jobs Vacancy in Sivananthan Laboratories Inc Bolingbrook
Sivananthan Laboratories Inc Bolingbrook urgently required following position for Junior Computer Programmer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Junior Computer Programmer Jobs Vacancy in Sivananthan Laboratories Inc Bolingbrook Jobs Details:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The successful candidate will be primarily focused on the development and maintenance of software related to physics simulations, image processing, and machine learning to support a variety of R&D efforts. Assisting in the development of related new R&D programs is also a responsibility.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and maintain software packages as needed in support of existing and future R&D programs
- Coordinate with scientists and engineers to develop automation software for experimental instruments
- Manage small-scale databases
- Assist program leads and principal investigators in directed research tasks without heavy oversight
- Provide technical support to engineering staff to write scripts and codes to automation analysis
- Provide technical support to non-engineering staff to troubleshoot problems with computers including helpdesk support
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following programming languages: C++, Python, Java, Fortran, MatLAB, LabVIEW, Linux BASH, Powershell
- Familiar with computer programming methodologies, best practices, and software design
- Familiar with source code control methodologies
- Experience in code refactoring and optimization for speed using multiple cores or GPUs
- Excellent documentation capability including code commenting
- Familiar with relational databases such as SQL, and fileservers
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills with an attention to detail
- Candidate should be enthusiastic and self-directed once tasked
- Expertise in the SciPy module stack in Python (Numpy, matplotlib, sk-image, sk-learn, etc.)
- Familiar with physics simulations or equation solvers
- Experience working on applied image processing or computer vision projects such as optical character recognition (OCR), object detection and recognition, image classification, image restoration, super resolution, denoising, and visual question answering
- Understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning, and other regression/optimization techniques including deep learning
- Expertise in data science skills such as regression, statistical analysis, ANOVA, robust design of experiments, classification, clustering, and empirical modeling
- Expertise in multiple programming languages with cross-platform compilation expertise and cross-language implementations
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer programming, computer vision, electrical engineering or a related technical field. Advanced degrees or experience is a plus.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States and able to work on an unrestricted basis
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization:
- United States