Junior Designer Jobs Vacancy in Interior Architects Charlotte
Interior Architects Charlotte urgently required following position for Junior Designer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Junior Designer Jobs Vacancy in Interior Architects Charlotte Jobs Details:
IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a Junior Designer for our Charlotte office. The Junior Designer, while working under the direct supervision of a more senior Designer or Project Manager, performs a broad variety of drafting and/or design tasks.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Under supervision, may make updates and changes to existing drawings or designs
- Work with design team to develop design ideas
- May assist senior designers in selecting fixtures and finishes
- Under supervision, develops preliminary space plans
- Assist and learn detailing
- Assist and learn the production of furniture & finish packages, along with cost estimating
- Assists senior staff with verification of site details to support design
- Assists in field surveying of client spaces
- Corrects drawings red lined by others
- Supports the team in collecting information for client assessment; may attend interviews, provide documentation support; developing skills working with Affinity program tool
- Graduate of architecture or design school: equivalent experience may be substituted
- 1+ year experience or equivalent educational experience: strongly prefer experience working in corporate interior design projects
- Working knowledge of the application of color, materials and aesthetic form
- Familiarity with space planning methodology
- Familiarity with furnishings and equipment
- Basic sketching and rendering skills
- Basic interior architecture detailing skills
- Working knowledge of CDs and procedures
- Commitment to support projects through peaks and valleys
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
- Intermediate Revit skills
- Basic Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
Please submit a portfolio or work examples with your application
For the majority of the time the Junior Designer will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
IA Interior Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran