Controller Finance Bethesda Jobs Vacancy in Evidera Bethesda
Evidera Bethesda urgently required following position for Controller Finance Bethesda. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Controller Finance Bethesda Jobs Vacancy in Evidera Bethesda Jobs Details:
Controller – Finance – Bethesda, MD
The Global Controller will lead Evidera’s accounting operations through the direction of 4 direct reports and an overall team of ~10 staff members located in the US and the UK. Functional responsibilities include project accounting, consolidations, accounts payable, payroll and cash management. The Controller will work closely with business leaders and their teams to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures and to explore how the finance function can support efficiency in program operations. The Controller will partner with the CFO, senior leadership, and the HR and IT functions to enhance and better integrate Finance in terms of overall operational excellence.
The Controller will ensure that Evidera has the systems and procedures in place to support effective financial analysis and reporting and conduct clear and timely audits and coordinate with PPD (parent company) as required. The Controller will ensure compliance with PPD Finance to ensure consistent application of accounting policies and procedures and adhere to the monthly reporting requirements and deadlines.
This position reports to the CFO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Lead in providing the solutions and implementation to ensure compliance with the new Revenue Recognition Standard (ASC606) by Jan. 1, 2019
- Provide financial control, analysis, recommendations and general business support for the company and the US division of Evidera. Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
- Manage the day-to-day activities, accuracy and productivity of AP, cash disbursements, payroll, fixed asset records, payroll and general & legal entity accounting.
- Manage the treasury reporting and cash requirements of Evidera by legal entity.
- Drive system and process improvements to automate accounting processes.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and year end closing of the financial books for the overall company. Utilize staff to highlight business issues and levers to improve profitability via enhanced accuracy and reporting. Manage the annual audit process with PPD.
- Ensure the company is utilizing financial controls in line with corporate guidelines and in compliance with SOX and other regulatory requirements.
- Proactive liaison with PPD finance functions to ensure leverage PPD where appropriate.
- Provide full personnel management and guidance to the accounting/controller team. This includes clear measurable objectives and development plans for all staff.
- Collaborate effectively with other internal departments on the review, implementation and enhanced utilization of tools in supporting business efficiencies in such areas as billing, payroll, travel or other related functions.
- Demonstrated client service mindset with the ability to measure success of finance processes and to define and meet service level agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive change to improve operations.
- Candidate will demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and project accounting.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to analyze and implement productivity improvements.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations with the ability to engage in communication at the executive level.
- A proven history of working effectively in a cross functional environment as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with customers, peers and internal partners
- The ability to recruit, develop, and manage professional teams and the ability to provide constructive feedback through performance and development processes.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments, use good judgment, exercise authority within acceptable parameters and prioritize projects and time effectively.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel. Experience with MS AX Dynamics is highly preferred; or a demonstrate expertise in the implementation and utilization of enterprise wide accounting systems.
- Experience in a consulting business is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant area with an advanced qualification of CPA or MBA.
- Overall 10+ years of progressive relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a functional manager in a professional services environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of full personnel responsibilities to include hiring, training and managing a team of 5 or more.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.