Administrative Specialist Jobs Vacancy in City Houston Houston
City Houston Houston urgently required following position for Administrative Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Specialist Jobs Vacancy in City Houston Houston Jobs Details:
Department: Housing and Community Development
Division: Single Family Home Repair
Reporting Location: 601 Sawyer, Houston, TX 77007
Workdays & Hours: Days, Up to 30 hours per week*
- Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The City of Houston's Department of Housing and Community Development (HCDD) works to create safe, stable, and complete communities by funding projects related to affordable homes, public facilities, economic development, public services and infrastructure. Partnering with non-profit, governmental, and local entities, HCDD seeks to strengthen Houston's neighborhoods, provide true housing choice and execute the Mayor's vision for One Houston with complete communities throughout.
To achieve this vision, HCDD is seeking multiple part-time Administrative Specialists (Eligibility) to join its team. In this position, you will perform various administrative functions in the income and program eligibility, case management, research, interpretation and implementation of department's operational policies and procedures.
- Determines and computes the household's projected annual Income in accordance with HUD rules using Part 5 Income eligibility.
- Determines Program eligibility of applicants per department, city, and state policy, procedures and guidelines for the Home Repair Program.
- Facilitate and mediate communications with homeowners either in person, by telephone, electronically or written correspondence.
- Conducts interviews with applicants by phone, in office, on location, and in their homes as applicable.
- Identify, investigate, to resolve Real Estate title and tax issues by interacting with legal and other county agencies.
- Serves as assigned case manager for a high volume of applicants while maintaining paper and electronic files.
- Passionate: Serving citizens classified as low to moderate income.
- Detail Oriented: Bring the highest level of attentiveness to all work
- Motivated: Taking ownership of cases to complete them effectively and efficiently
- Articulate: Display excellent written and oral communication skills, including excellent customer service
- Analytical: Ability comprehend guidelines, policies, and procedures and apply logical reasoning
This is a part-time grant funded position subject to cancellation when funds are depleted and/or contract period ends. No more than 30 hours may be worked during a week.
Primarily normal office hours and environment, with acceptable lighting and temperature. Occasional evening and weekend events. Some outdoor events in less than ideal temperatures. Occasional lifting and carrying of moderately heavy items (up to 20 pounds)
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts, Social Work, or closely related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Three years of administrative experience is required.
Professional administrative experience may be substituted for the above education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
MINIMUM LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Valid driver's license in compliance with the City of Houston's Administrative Policy on driving (A.P. 2-2).
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience determining income eligibility using HUD Part 5 Income for housing programs
- Experience maintaining high volume case loads
- Excellent communication skills
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment relevant to job description.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION Yes
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Pay Grade 20
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: http://www.www.houstontx.gov
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
If you need special services or accommodations, please call 832.393.6090; TTY 7-1-1.