Language Service Specialist Interpreter Services Serbian Jobs Vacancy in Ascension Milwaukee
- Language Service Specialist Interpreter Services Serbian
- Milwaukee WI
- 11 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Ascension Milwaukee urgently required following position for Language Service Specialist Interpreter Services Serbian. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Language Service Specialist Interpreter Services Serbian Jobs Vacancy in Ascension Milwaukee Jobs Details:
JOB ID: 260142
Language Service Specialist - Interpreter Services (Serbian)
Regular / Day
Additional Job Information
Title: Language Service Specialist - Interpreter Services
City, State: Milwaukee,WI
Location: St. Francis
Department: Interpreter Svcs 001
Additional Job Details: PRN Day 0 hours Weekly
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
The Language Service Specialist acts as a liaison between English and non-English speaking and/or hearing guests, staff and patients by providing interpreter services, and also provides support and serves as a resource for other interpreters.
- Listens to, comprehends and translates oral or written communications from English to another language and vice versa.
- Translates medical terminology, including anatomy, prescriptions and procedures accurately.
- Complies with all privacy and confidentiality policies when communicating patient information.
- Develops translated forms and educational materials for non-English speaking and/or hearing populations.
- Provides detailed, accurate, and confidental consecutive interpreting.
- Uses simultaneous interpreting and/or sight translation when appropriate maintaining high service standards.
- Performs written translation per department processes.
- Completes appropriate and precise documentation of all patient encounters.
- When not involved in patient encounters, participates in patient encounters by participating in cross-functional roles in the department: interpreter assessments, translation management, dispatch or data support, et al.
- Abides by the Interpreter Code of Ethics and the National Standards of Practice for Medical Interpreters, exhibiting dedication to person and family-centered care and cultural competence.
- Acts as a departmental ambassador, educating internal and external customers, reporting safety events to dispatch, problem-solving LS interface with the departments we serve.
- For PRN staff: Maintains close communication with dispatch, advises proactively regarding availability.
- Complies with cross-system and on-call duties where/when applicable.
- Must be bilingual in English/Serbian
- This is an on-call position must be available M-F 8am-5pm
HS or EquivalentHigh School Diploma or equivalent required Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred Must successfully pass assessment upon hire
- Proficiency in another language in addition to English required; Interpreting experience required, preferably in the medical field. Must possess an understanding of the relationship between healthcare and the cultural context of Limited English Proficient (LEP) patients.
How To Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.