Fuel Economy Engineering Jobs Vacancy in Kett Engineering Corporation Township of Superior
Kett Engineering Corporation Township of Superior urgently required following position for Fuel Economy Engineering. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Fuel Economy Engineering Jobs Vacancy in Kett Engineering Corporation Township of Superior Jobs Details:
Kett Engineering is looking for a talented and motivated engineer for identifying, developing, and integrating fuel economy technologies in current and next generation vehicles. This position is responsible for project success as part of a project team providing technical support to internal customers in the area of Powertrain/Vehicle R&D. Travel requirement for this position is up to 10 % of time domestic and international.
***No Sponsorship Offered With This Position***
The ideal candidate* must have many of the following experience and be able to significantly contribute in many of these areas:
· Run vehicle test for fuel economy, performance benchmarking, and analyze the test data using tools such as MATLAB/Simulink
· Develop new fuel economy technologies and strategies that enable short-term and long-term benefits for production vehicles
· Integrate new technologies in appropriate vehicle applications and run appropriate testing for validation
· Support engineering teams to define and demonstrate fuel economy improvement concepts and technologies in vehicle applications through testing and simulation
· Coordinate and track development and test plans
· Create and present reports, with documentation of technical analysis, system trade-offs as well as business case for technologies.
Key role and responsibilities are:
· Establish targets for future fuel economy characteristics through analysis of current and future vehicles as well as competitive vehicles.
· Investigate new technologies, strategies, and methods to attain improved fuel economy in current and future production vehicles while considering system costs drivability, and performance impacts.
· Analyze competitive data sets and assess future trends in fuel economy related technologies.
· Lead activities for developing and integrating fuel economy related technologies (such as engine, torque converter & transmission, accessories, vehicle coastdown characteristics,
as well as control logics and calibrations) to attain targeted vehicle fuel economy and to understand and document impacts/trade-offs to vehicle performance and drivability
· Understand and coordinate activities with Product Planning, Certification and Regulation teams on impact of proposed fuel economy technologies.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar related degree
· At least 1 year of experience in (1) testing powertrain and vehicles, (2) evaluating performance, emissions, and fuel economy test data, (3) writing and presenting technical reports for other engineers and managements
· Strong interpersonal and technical problem solving skills
· Knowledge of internal combustion engines, transmissions, and vehicles
· Experience with data acquisition and analysis tools such as ETAS/INCA
· Experience with model-based development tools such as MATLAB/Simulink
· Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
· Masters of Science in related Engineering field from an accredited university
· More than 3 years of experience in (1) testing powertrain and vehicles, (2) evaluating performance, emissions, and fuel economy test data, (3) writing and presenting technical reports for other engineers and managements
· Experience with Rapid Prototyping process and tools such as Intecrio and E-Hooks
· Experience with 1-D physical modeling tools such as AVL-Cruise, GT-Drive, and Autonomie
To Learn more about Kett Engineering please visit our website ketteng.com
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Fuel Economy engineering: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- United States (Required)