Digital Media Officer Jobs Vacancy in Women Refugee Commission New York
Women Refugee Commission New York urgently required following position for Digital Media Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Digital Media Officer Jobs Vacancy in Women Refugee Commission New York Jobs Details:
Scope of Work
The Women's Refugee Commission (WRC) seeks a savvy, strategic, creative, and analytical digital media expert to manage all aspects of WRC’s online communications—from strategy planning to implementation—including social media, email outreach, and the website. Reporting to the Director of External Communications, the Digital Media Officer will work closely with all members of the communications team, as well as with program, development, and advocacy staff. S/he will develop a digital media strategy to effectively advance the strategic communications goals of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Craft annual digital media strategy—as part of the larger annual strategic communications plan—that utilizes social media, WRC’s website, videos, and email supporter lists to advance communications goals with clear benchmarks and deliverables.
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s social media platforms—from strategic planning to content creation to analytics reviews—to support digital media and broader communications strategies and goals.
- Create, execute, and monitor digital campaigns, including ads (print and short video) and fundraisers (in partnership with the development department).
- Establish and manage weekly, monthly, and annual digital media metrics tracking in partnership with communications and development departments.
- Manage email communications, including helping to craft email language, designing layout, and testing/monitoring performance.
- Develop email engagement strategy in partnership with the development department, including the establishment of mechanisms to analyze supporter behavior and conversion potential.
- Manage and regularly update the organization’s existing website, including regularly updating news releases, news clips, and policy materials; ensuring the homepage features current and engaging information; and troubleshooting and solving back-end issues.
- Work closely with the communications team to develop a new website in 2019, including establishing SEO goals and strategy to drive traffic to the site and build toward a possible conversion path.
- Manage the online organizational editorial calendar, which serves as the foundation for communications planning for the entire organization.
- Prepare daily news clips for entire organization.
- Manage consultants and vendors as needed in the development and creation of content and website maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media, communications, or related field.
- Minimum five years demonstrated successful experience—including assessing ROI—in digital communications.
- Proven experience and demonstrated outcomes with all major social media platforms, social media reporting, analytics, content aggregation, content creation, and scheduling tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency with WordPress a must, familiarity with HTML and other platforms a plus.
- Experience sourcing and managing content and digital publishing/CMS.
- Working knowledge of SEO principles, including key word research and Google Analytics.
- Experience creating and utilizing short videos to advance digital media goals.
- Strong understanding of analytical tools and ability to evaluate, package, and communicate metrics for diverse audiences.
- A full understanding of social media marketing best practices, with knowledge of latest trends and thinking.
- Expertise in graphic design and visual language, including proficiency with Photoshop and Adobe InDesign.
- Experience in the tenets of traditional forms of communications/marketing.
- Ability to turn complex/academic/technical language into soundbites suited for digital media platforms.
- Outstanding communications skills, both oral and written, and the ability to grasp and communicate substantive WRC policies and programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks under pressure to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary.
- Flexibility, excellent judgment, and sense of humor.
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of WRC.
The Digital Media Officer is a full-time position, based in New York City.
To apply, please send a cover letter along with your resume and salary requirements.
The Women’s Commission is an equal opportunity employer; it considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The Women’s Refugee Commission is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- SEO: 1 year (Required)
- Google Analytics: 1 year (Required)
- HTML5: 1 year (Required)