Scientific Medical Writer Jobs Vacancy in Health Services Advisory Group Inc Tampa
Health Services Advisory Group Inc Tampa urgently required following position for Scientific Medical Writer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Scientific Medical Writer Jobs Vacancy in Health Services Advisory Group Inc Tampa Jobs Details:
The Scientific/Medical Writer will work closely with the project teams to produce clear, thoughtful, coherent, and accurate healthcare-related documents that include: national policy documents, journal articles, environmental scans, summaries of literature reviews, analytic reports, meeting minutes, website materials, and status reports. As a key member of the project team, the Scientific/Medical Writer will assist with planning, producing, analyzing, and revising written deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following and all other duties as assigned. The responsibilities listed below constitute an initial list of tasks that may be modified or expanded as necessary by the organization to maintain contractual obligations.
- Write and edit complex technical materials needed by the project teams, so that all documents are clear, thoughtful, coherent, concise, consistent, and accurate in the appropriate voice, tone, and format.
- Adapt to and adhere to the writing preferences and guidance of the government project lead, as appropriate.
- Assist with writing the results of literature reviews, verifying references, formatting references, and completing other research, as needed.
- Coordinate the editing process by team members to meet project deadlines, including conceptualizing projects, continually making editorial recommendations to clarify content of documents throughout the project, and copy-editing documents prior to publishing.
- Analyze and interpret healthcare-related content and communications with the ability to note critical takeaways.
- Implement version control processes during editing.
- Apply skills to resolve problems not covered by existing procedures or practices.
- Be proactive in learning and understanding the healthcare quality industry.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in scientific medical/healthcare writing and editing is preferred
- Authorship and publication in scientific journals; editorial board experience a plus.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and synthesize information to produce clear and accurate narratives.
- Expertise in English grammar and syntax.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently apply multiple formatting preferences and standards across teams.
- Ability to make complex science and policy understandable to lay audiences.
- Ability to meet deadlines, support multiple projects, and track key deliverable dates in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, work independently, and take direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in science (with proficiency in English) or a related discipline (with proficiency in science) is required. Graduate degree in science is preferred.
- At least three years of scientific medical writing experience in the medical field, healthcare communications, clinical/nonclinical research, pharma/biotech, and/or related experience in academia or industry
- Demonstrated ability to write and communicate English clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to type proficiently and navigate approved databases.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Experience with MS SharePoint and EndNote preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.