Billing Representative Jobs Vacancy in Memorial Hermann Sugar Land
Memorial Hermann Sugar Land urgently required following position for Billing Representative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Billing Representative Jobs Vacancy in Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Jobs Details:
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for analyzing patient accounts, researching account history, and determining the appropriate information for billing patients’ third party insurance carriers within a standard time frame.
CBO2 Biller - work all back end claims and special projects
Education: High school diploma and/or some college.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Four (4) years clerical experience in a medical/hospital environment.
- Knowledge of insurance technology, medical terminology, and managed care or health industry regulations and mail processing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Word processing, Excel spreadsheet data entry & construction of new data sheets, Access Data Base, Microsoft Outlook, Electronic Billing system and Imaging software, and calculator by touch.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Prepares UB92 third party billing for mailing following US Postal Regulations.
- Sorts returned mail daily, makes corrections in three patient accounting systems and re-mails to complete the billing process.
- Verifies and processes Audit bills from third party audit.
- Enters errors found in Return mail into the access database as they are identified. Update demographic/insurance data in three patient accounting systems.
- Research missing data as requested by billing staff. Contact insurance companies or patients for missing information. Make corrections on-line in the appropriate patient access systems.
- Assists Billing Data Analysts by working daily NEIC reports.
- Documents communications with personnel, third party vendors, and patients. Works various daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Access and retrieve information in the AMS Imaging system. Itemized statements or implantable invoices to submit with UB92
- Mentors and serves as a resource for less experienced personnel.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.