Technical Writer Jobs Vacancy in Amazon Com Herndon
Amazon Com Herndon urgently required following position for Technical Writer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Writer Jobs Vacancy in Amazon Com Herndon Jobs Details:
As an AWS Technical Writer, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented technical team to produce technical documentation in a cross-functional, distributed environment. Amazon.com is committed to being a leader in the web services marketplace, and one of the key measures of success is how well we support the developers who use AWS products. The documentation team plays a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to understand.
The ideal candidate has a technical aptitude that enables effective interaction with other Technical Writers, Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers. In addition, the ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and the ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
- Drive documentation planning with engineering teams
- Produce high-quality documentation for a web service
- Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver conceptual, how-to, and API reference docs for AWS products
- Make suggestions for updating or improving our doc standards
- Work as part of a team to produce for AWS products
- Conduct peer edits for grammar, style, voice, and form
- Help define writing projects and determine priorities
- Work on an exploratory project, such as an interactive tutorial, a notebook, or your own great idea
- Degree in English, Technical Writing, Journalism, Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience using content publishing tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content
- Experience working with XML, markdown, or HTML
- Familiarity with using and following a style guide
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience with cloud computing or web services or related areas
- Experience blogging or creating websites
- Experience fixing customer tickets, GitHub pull requests and issues, or an equivalent workflow for incident management
Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly