Product Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Tacony Corporation Fenton
Tacony Corporation Fenton urgently required following position for Product Design Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Product Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Tacony Corporation Fenton Jobs Details:
The Product Design Engineer I will be responsible for improvements to existing products and support VA/VE product initiatives. Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel. Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications and/or design as necessary. Researches and evaluates products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability. Coordinates with other engineering staff to complete projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates 3d geometry and complete specifications for new machines and components
- Creates 2d drawings of new and existing parts and assemblies
- Creates prototypes during the various stages of the development process
- Contributes to creation of engineering discipline documents (DFMEA, DVP&R, XBOM).
- Identifies improvements to existing products to maximize the value to the customer
- In collaboration with the certification manager, certifies new and existing products to various national & international standards ex. UL and CE
- Gathers supporting documentation regarding the certification of components
- Manages & executes engineering change requests for existing & new products
- Creates new parts & methods of manufacturing in ERP system
- Ensures all appropriate departments are updated with product changes & new product requests
- Answers technical questions asked by other departments
- Partners with manufacturing to identify & implement process improvements
- Prepares cost estimates & feasibility analysis for new product ideas
- Supports engineering team with creation of drawings, BOMs or other engineering tasks
- Assists Production/Quality/ME with drawing changes and/or updates as required
- BS in mechanical or electrical engineering (or related field)
- Specific knowledge & skills
- Basic understanding of product design principles for various manufacturing processes including: rotational molding, injection molding, general machining practices, stamping etc.
- 3d/2d modeling skills (ProE Creo or SolidWorks preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Powerpoint.
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Ability to understand, analyze and troubleshoot product designs
- Proven ability to plan, schedule, coordinate & prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to fully comprehend the spoken and written English language required, ability to speak Spanish and/or Mandarin a plus
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience in product design & development
- Normal office environment
- Some travel may be required
- May require overtime
The position may require but is not limited to lifting up to 50 lbs periodically, bending, stooping, twisting, stretching, walking, reaching and lifting over the head.
Job Type: Full-time
- product design engineer: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Fenton, MO (Required)