Computer Science Teacher Jobs Vacancy in Excellence Community Schools
Excellence Community Schools urgently required following position for Computer Science Teacher. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Computer Science Teacher Jobs Vacancy in Excellence Community Schools Jobs Details:
Who We Are
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is an emerging Charter Management Organization
(CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who You Are
- Teach Computer Science class for grades K-4.
- Assist and or teach advanced algebra and trigonometry to scholars.
- Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and offer plans for improvement
- Desire to plan product architecture and roadmap
- Work alongside ECS staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning of students.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Help build software programs to improve student learning.
- Work on software programs to assist staff and faculty.
- Assist students outside of class as necessary.
- Serve as a project manager for students during project Development.
- Develop and maintain genuine, positive and consistent communication with parents.
- Building a classroom culture that promotes active learning and computer science.
- Learn a new programming language or skill every quarter as part of professional development.
- Make direct technical contributions (writing, debugging, reviewing and deploying code).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Connecticut State teaching certification (K-4).
- Ability to learn and teach new technologies with limited guidance.
- Experience working on front and backend applications.
- Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom.
- Evidence of self-governance and willingness to be a team player.
- Modern Web Framework experience ( Vue, Angular, Ember).
- Experience in iOS and android development.
- Strong mathematical background with strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: statistics, data mining, machine learning, statistics, operations research, econometrics, natural language processing.
- Hands-on work experience working on development projects run using an Agile methodology, familiarity with DevOps
- Proficient in the big data ecosystem programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, Scala).
- Prior teaching experience.
Knowledge of an MVC framework such as Ruby on Rails a plus.
- Must provide portfolio site for consideration.
- Provide sample lesson.
- Be prepared for a coding challenge.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, 403b available
- Performance-based compensation for staff
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org and www.stamfordexcellence.org.