Personal Lines Underwriter Jobs Vacancy in Western National Insurance Group Edina
Western National Insurance Group Edina urgently required following position for Personal Lines Underwriter. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Personal Lines Underwriter Jobs Vacancy in Western National Insurance Group Edina Jobs Details:
Western National is pleased to announce an opportunity to join our Personal Lines Underwriting team as a Personal Lines Underwriter. This exciting opportunity is the perfect chance for someone who is interested in continuing to grow in their Underwriting career with a Wards Top 50 company.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of Personal Lines Underwriting experience and be progressing or have their CPCU.
- Develops and manages a personal lines book of business within assigned territory to meet organizational objectives for growth, retention, and profitability
- Understands personal lines products, coverages, rating methodology, systems and marketplace
- Uses established practices, procedures and authority level to issue, modify, and renew policies
- Evaluates risk characteristics and analyzes historic and potential account performance to make sound underwriting decisions
- Makes decisions independently within authority level and provides detailed assessment and recommendation to manager for risks outside established authority
- Applies knowledge and judgement to help solve problems of various scope and complexity
- Contacts other departments and/or external organization or parties frequently
- Builds and maintains strong agency relationships
- 2+ years of Underwriting experience in Property and Casualty space with strong focus on Personal Lines.
- Working toward CPCU, AU or CIC certification.
- Bachelor degree in Insurance or Finance or equivalent related experience.
- Strong understand of industry practices, standards and underwriting concepts.
- Able to multitask and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Analytical with ability exercise sound business judgment.
- Intermediate Word/Excel Skills.
- 401(k) company match
- Medical insurance – We offer affordable (thanks to a strong employer subsidy), above-average coverage and the choice of either a traditional Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) option OR a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) option
- Western Wellbeing program – Including on-site massage, yoga classes, salad and healthy snack days, sit/stand workstations, nutrition seminars, and more
- 100% company-paid tuition reimbursement for approved, job-relevant coursework
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Other standard employee benefits – Including dental insurance, vision benefits, life insurance, disability insurance, and more
- “Excellent company which prioritizes customer service and community service.”
- “Just a great place to come to work, and stay for a career. I love the personal touch from [the] executive suite on down. [The] CEO is on a first-name basis with everyone.”
- “Above-average benefits, especially on the health insurance front.”
- “I have felt welcomed here and I feel like the Senior Management cares.”