Desktop Support Jobs Vacancy in Service Global Santa Clara
Service Global Santa Clara urgently required following position for Desktop Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Desktop Support Jobs Vacancy in Service Global Santa Clara Jobs Details:
Title: Desktop support
Location: Santa Clara, CA 95054
Duration: 12+ Months
- Five to six (5-6) years of strong experience providing IT Infrastructure field support which includes troubleshooting hardware, software, operating system issues and problems and fixing the issues without impacting / violating the hardware warranty or customer security compliance requirements.
- L2 Level experience in installing, technical troubleshooting and fixing desktops, printers, laptop and other computer peripherals hardware problems as well as desktop applications.
- Basic knowledge of enterprise LAN and WAN setups and concepts. Ability to perform smart hand activity under instruction-based activities at sites.
- Ability to lift / move computer equipment weighing up to 50Lbs.
- Expert in desk side support and PC break/fix including basic administration of Windows O/S and MAC/Linux OS (preferred).
- Usage Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and RDP.
- Smart hand support for peripheral and networking hardware, including, but not limited to monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, fax machines, scanners, routers, wireless routers, switches, firewalls, racks, cabinets, multi-port data termination panels all under ‘Smart Hands’ capability.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with systems and networks using good deductive reasoning skill and troubleshooting & resolving issues related to end user network cabling.
- Experienced in repeat call analysis and developing preventive actions
- Experienced in Problem management
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with clients and management as well as people skills.
- Ability to work with deadlines and complete tasks on-time. Takes proactive ownership and works with sense of urgency
- Preferably with an Associate Degree in Electronics and CompTIA A+ Certification.
- May have other vendor certifications from OEMs (Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo, HP)
- Experience of ticketing tools (ServiceNow / Remedy etc.),
- Good Customer management skill,
- Good in oral and written communication
- Able to interact and work with customer at different levels.
- Self- Driven and result oriented.
- Really passionate about the work
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision
- Must be available to work flexible work schedules
Job Type: Contract
- Desktop Support: 4 years (Preferred)
- PC break/fix including: 4 years (Preferred)
- Usage Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP, VPN: 4 years (Preferred)
- basic administration of Windows O/S and MAC/Linux OS(prefer): 4 years (Preferred)
- ticketing tools (ServiceNow / Remedy etc.): 4 years (Preferred)
- fixing desktops, printers, laptop and other peripherals: 4 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Santa Clara, CA 95054 (Required)
- CompTIA A+ Certification (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- 1 year