Manager Adult Learning And Engagement Jobs Vacancy in The Newarkmuseum Newark
The Newarkmuseum Newark urgently required following position for Manager Adult Learning And Engagement. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Adult Learning And Engagement Jobs Vacancy in The Newarkmuseum Newark Jobs Details:
Manager, Adult Learning and Engagement
The Newark Museum seeks a qualified professional for their Education Department.
The Manager of Lifelong Learning develops, coordinates, and implements Lifelong Learning programs at the Newark Museum, including the Docent program, adult workshops and courses, academic symposia, senior programs, and college and university programs. This position is responsible for developing dynamic programs that reflect the opportunities of a unique urban museum that specializes in art, science and the humanities, and ensure an ongoing and productive conversation with a diverse and growing audience. The ideal candidate will demonstrate commitment to working in a team-based environment that values innovation, creative learning, risk taking and experimentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Education Leadership Team to define learning goals and audience objectives for engaging Lifelong Learning programs that relate to the Museum’s mission, temporary exhibitions, and permanent collection galleries, and are built on a commitment to excellence and innovation
- Supervise all aspects of the volunteer Docent program, including daily operations, ongoing training and meetings, study materials, scheduling, communication, and recruitment (when necessary)
- Attend all Docent Council meetings and work collaboratively with the Docent Council to plan meetings, and confer on policies and issues that direct impact Docents and Docent Guided Tours
- Research and identify trends in adult learning and cognition
- Develop and plan a wide range of Lifelong Learning programs that provide access to the Museum and appeal to Greater Newark’s growing and diverse communities, including art-making workshops, lectures and symposia
- Help coordinate programs with University Partners who are interested in bringing their students to the Museum for orientation and for course study
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues in the External Affairs/Marketing and Communication Departments to analyze target audiences, develop appropriate outreach strategies, and ensure effective promotion of all Lifelong Learning programs using both print and electronic media
- Contribute to the development and implementation of evaluative tools to measure, interpret, and analyze the outcomes of Lifelong Learning program efforts relative to strategic goals
- Prepare budgets and monitor associated expenses, including organizing and supervising registration and purchasing materials necessary for programs
- Prepare monthly reports of events and attendance including narrative and/or budget reports when appropriate
- Supervise Lifelong Learning programs, including weekends and evenings, as necessary
- Keep up to date with best practices in museum programming, and seek to strengthen the Museum’s position as a thought leader for progressive education
- Maintain contact with the broader network of museum professionals through participating in conferences, professional networks and organizations
- B.A. or B.S. degree in art, art or science education, museum education, or a related field
- 3-4 years of successful experience in the development and implementation of adult programming in a museum or similar arts education institution
- Experience working with diverse groups of adults and communities
- Strong organizational and effective communication skills
Competitive salary and benefits. Email resume with cover letter to. EOE/AA
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Preferred)