Payment Receipts Specialist Cash Postings Analysis Jobs Vacancy in Peacehealth Vancouver
- Payment Receipts Specialist Cash Postings Analysis
- Vancouver WA
- 11 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Peacehealth Vancouver urgently required following position for Payment Receipts Specialist Cash Postings Analysis. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Payment Receipts Specialist Cash Postings Analysis Jobs Vacancy in Peacehealth Vancouver Jobs Details:
PeaceHealth is seeking a Payment Receipts Specialist - Cash Postings & Analysis for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 166530
Responsible for performing payment related tasks using a manual and/or computerized system which involves receiving, distributing, transferring, and accounting for funds; receipt of payments by cash, checks, credit card, electronic funds transfer.
1. Daily cash posting and reconciliation of payments, adjustments and rejections from private and third-party payors.
2. May process and reconcile accounts receivable.
3. Prepare deposits in accordance with departmental procedures.
4. Process and monitor the electronic remittance files to ensure accuracy.
5. Maintain and/or enforce security procedures to ensure safety of funds.
6. May research and resolve credit balances that occur due to overpayment at the time of posting.
7. May assist customers by answering inquiries and providing information.
8. Assist with departmental coverage as needed.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an accounting, banking, medical office, billing or insurance account follow-up capacity is required; Formal training or college coursework from a medical coding accredited school, specific to medical billing in lieu of experience may be considered as well
- Medical terminology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance processes and billing guidelines regulations preferred.
- Proficiency in use of 10-key required.
- Proficient use of computers including MS Office applications
- Knowledge of insurance and reimbursement policies
- Strong data entry skills
- Skills in problem solving, organizational and time management
- Detail oriented
SYSTEM SERVICES PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Vancouver, Shared Services Center (802)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $15.08, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Accounting & Finance || Full Time || PATIENT ACCOUNTING