Associate Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Southwest Airlines Dallas
Southwest Airlines Dallas urgently required following position for Associate Business Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Associate Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Southwest Airlines Dallas Jobs Details:
Undergraduate degree hires will enter the Southwest Airlines Technology Department as Associate Business Analysts. Associate Business Analysts provide analytical support for the development of a technology strategy for Southwest Airlines business customers, and then assist the business in making that strategy a reality.
Analysts partner with different business Customers across our Commercial, Operational, and Back-Office Departments to figure out what Southwest needs to be successful and how Technology can help meet those needs. This includes activities where Analysts help identify, clarify, and document complex issues that our Company is facing. The Analysts then assess how technical systems and business processes can be used to meet these needs.
Finally, these individuals will ensure Technology delivers high-quality technical solutions that are aligned with business strategies and comply with departmental standards. Additionally, Associate Business Analysts are expected to manage timeframes for designing, coding, testing, and implementing to guarantee solutions are delivered on-time and within budget. These individuals will also ensure effective communications between business Customers and Technology Teams. Additionally, Analysts will leverage their problem solving skills to work on topics ranging from strategy (e.g., mapping out the roadmap for a new tool or defining how a new tool changes business process) and analytics (e.g., key performance indicators, metrics, scorecards).
Customer / Business Orientation:
- Focus on internal and external Customer requirements.
- Demonstrate Basic understanding of business processes being supported by assigned system(s).
- Participates and assists Sr. Analysts with projects.
- Completes tasks under direction.
- Tasks are assigned, and consequences of error carry a small risk to the organization.
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice, and methodology.
- Provide timely and accurate progress information to the project status reports.
- Problem Solving:
- Demonstrate a methodical and logical approach to resolve problems of simple to moderate complexity.
- Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
- Employ productivity aids in all aspects of assignments.
Testing / Deliverable Quality:
- Participate in systems and acceptance testing.
- Test and implement system components using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- Responsible for immediate response to production program problems.
- Participate in fiscal management and cost estimate development.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer required, with no sponsorship needed now or in the future of an employment-based visa.
- BS/BA in Business, MIS, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or other related degree required.
1 year work experience as an Analyst or equivalent position preferred
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above preferred (either current student or final GPA for student that has graduated)
Demonstrated Leadership and initiative preferred
Strong analytical skills (able to complete business analysis, process modeling, and redesign) preferred
Ability to solve problems creatively preferred
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Basic knowledge of one or more business functions at Southwest Airlines.
- Basic knowledge of business analysis, process modeling and redesign.
- Basic knowledge of technical environment.
- Basic knowledge of the SWA Methodology.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with both Business Customers and Technology Development.
- Able to analyze and resolve problems of simple/moderate complexity.
- Able to manage projects that are structured, well-defined, and of low complexity.
- Able to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment.
- Able to complete Business Analysis, process modeling, and redesign.
- Able to take on assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work.
- Able to prioritize effectively.
- Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Able to apply independently technologies to the business functions.
- Interest in applying Technology to improve effectiveness / efficiency of business processes
- Effective in the use of analytical and communication tools (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences)
- Active listening skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity (flexible, can achieve productivity in an unstructured environment through thoughtful question-asking, self-structuring, and reprioritization)
- Involvement in a Case or Capstone Project partnering with an outside company as part of your degree program is a plus.
Consistently recognized as a top performer in their job title by both Employees and Leadership.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.