Architect Product Security Incident Response Team Jobs Vacancy in Businesses United Technologies Corp Headquarters New York
Businesses United Technologies Corp Headquarters New York urgently required following position for Architect Product Security Incident Response Team. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Architect Product Security Incident Response Team Jobs Vacancy in Businesses United Technologies Corp Headquarters New York Jobs Details:
United Technologies Corporation was founded by some of the world’s greatest inventors. We helped build the Second Industrial Revolution and brought about a century of urbanization and globalization. Now we need your help to build the next one.
Tech@UTC is the UTC technology organization, comprised of the global engineering function, several focused centers of expertise, our skunkworks organization – United Technologies Advanced Projects (UTAP), and our advanced Research & Development lab – United Technologies Research Center (UTRC). By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create smart, sustainable solutions that prove we can do the big things the right way. We put the “T” in UTC.
As great physical products like jet engines, elevators, avionics, HVAC, door locks, and smoke detectors get “smarter,” becoming increasingly connected, security becomes increasingly important. The mission of the newly created Product Security Center of Expertise (PSCOE) is to ensure the digital security of these products by (1) ensuring that security is built into the products before they ship, (2) operationally understanding risk to our products on a day-to-day basis, and (3) ensuring that we have a strong Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) to respond effectively and quickly to any product security issues.
As an Architect of the United Technologies root PSIRT, you’ll be among the technical leadership responsible for handling recently discovered and recently reported potential vulnerabilities. This responsibility includes triage, reproduction, and evaluation of potential vulnerabilities, as well as working with product teams in generation of mitigation techniques to include software patches and operational risk mitigation. You will work with other leaders to be sure that technical points are accurately articulated in all external communications, including but not limited to customer and public communications. You will play a critical role advising on risks, recommendations, and priorities in light of successes and any struggles in effective dissemination of mitigation to broad ranges of customers.
Key job responsibilities:
- Technical leadership and excellence in execution of the PSIRT process at UTC
- Assessing inbound reports of potential vulnerabilities
- Working with individuals and organizations who report potential vulnerabilities and engaging with them to understand as best as possible the potential vulnerability any associated risks
- Reproducing such vulnerabilities to confirm the veracity of important claims
- Engaging with other leaders to be sure leadership properly understands risks and appropriate priorities
- Accurately documenting risks.
- Engaging with engineers in various product teams to advise them and help them in quickly generating fixes for any recently discovered vulnerabilities.
- Accurately documenting any recommended mitigation
- Reviewing external communications regarding confirmed vulnerabilities to ensure accuracy is not lost in attempting to reach broad audiences
- Deep experience in security, including in depth knowledge of common system and application vulnerabilities
- Previous working experience in a PSIRT, including experience collaborating with software intensive Product Teams, and proven experience dealing with escalated, customer-facing issues
- Familiarity with challenges unique to security in physical products
- Strong understanding of vulnerability management, mitigation, and remediation in physical products, both with and without connectivity to other products, mobile applications, the cloud, or anything else.
- Fluent in a broad range of relevant security architectures, principles, components, and protocols
- Ability to keep abreast with latest threats, attack techniques and mitigation strategies
- Experience participating in one of the many industry leading PSIRT
- Strong experience with cyber-physical “embedded” cyber security
- 10+ of experience in the Cybersecurity area
- A great combination of risk-tolerance, impatience, optimism, empathy, and vision, and a burning desire to make a difference
Citizenship requirements: Candidate must be United States Citizen or Permanent Resident
Education: B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
Demonstrated history of success in multiple positions of increasing scope and responsibility in computer science, security, electrical engineering, or other related fields, with a significant duration of experience and expertise spanning the full qualifications of this role