Technician Engineering Aerospace Jobs Vacancy in Jacobs Kennedy Space Center
Jacobs Kennedy Space Center urgently required following position for Technician Engineering Aerospace. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technician Engineering Aerospace Jobs Vacancy in Jacobs Kennedy Space Center Jobs Details:
- Preferred experience in Command and Control, Networking, and/or Telemetry Systems.
- Must be able to provide technical support to engineers performing operations, research, design, development, testing, and maintenance for process improvement.
- Work will pertain to electrical/electronic components and networking equipment with a practical knowledge of engineering.
- Requires a practical knowledge of computer and network systems to assist with evaluation, and modification of command and control systems.
- Perform routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity to eliminate unusual technical system problems.
- Demonstrates level of proficiency to perform complex tasks with some supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office products, Internet browsers, and Visio.
- Ability to work shifts and weekends.
Two (2) years of college with courses in engineering, mathematics or science, or two (2) years relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education/experience for a total of two (2) years.
- Duties may include the handling of hazardous waste and transportation of hazardous waste (if qualified).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to distinguish between colors (ex: blue and green wires)
- Ability to comply with safety policies and compliance
- Ability to use limbs with 90% range
- Must use safety protective equipment where required
- Must be able to climb ladders, towers and stairs
- Will require physical exertion in climbing, lifting, squatting, crawling, carrying, or critical work in cramped quarters.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
- Work will mainly performed in an inside environment, but fieldwork can be a combination of inside and outside depending on the project.
- Working at heights is required and in confined spaces may be required.
- Work among equipment and stations in support of launches.
- Operate and maintain handling equipment such as forklifts (up to 20K) and other area specific Material Handling Equipment.
- Operate computer terminals, personal computers, and related computer peripheral equipment to maintain/adjust database logs and records, print documents and record work performance.
- Personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, laser printer, fax machine and other office equipment including desk supplies.
- Work assignments are normally 8 hours shifts, 5 consecutive days per week
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Occasional overtime, sometimes with short notice, is required to meet demanding schedule
- US Citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain certifications required for operating Material Handling Equipment.
- Requires the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and managers.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must pass a federal background investigation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Must pass all applicable physicals required for this position
- Must possess a valid Florida Class D motor vehicle license.