Logistics Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Nfi Industries Jersey City
Nfi Industries Jersey City urgently required following position for Logistics Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Logistics Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Nfi Industries Jersey City Jobs Details:
The Logistics Coordinator provides overall direction and supervision throughout the Dedicated Fleet operation and provides operational assistance to the Project Manager wherever needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains positive and encouraging working relations with all drivers
- Provides constant communications of service issues to appropriate personnel and departments, both internal (NFI) and external (Customer)
- Develops and provides analysis of dedicated routes and schedules
- Performs load planning, driver scheduling, and dispatch duties using both Dedicated Fleet and Common Carrier resources.
- Coordinates daily data entry into NFI’s proprietary order-management-system, SCMS.
- Works with Common Carriers on both rate negotiations and surge capacity requirements
- Coordinates with home-office Invoicing team to ensure timely and accurate completion of weekly customer invoices
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of daily and weekly tasks
- Provides weekly KPI/performance data reports to both internal and external parties
- Assists Project Manager with implementing NFI’s Safety, Security and Labor policies
- Assists and provides coverage throughout departments during vacations, holidays and irregular work schedules
- Manages and maintains driver payroll
- Audits and approves driver expense reports
- Provides assistance to Project Manager wherever needed
- Perform yard checks and random equipment inspections.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in logistics and/or transportation
- Computer applications experience including MS Office and AS400 a plus
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, communication and decision making skills
- Ability to work efficiently and multitask
- Must be able to work 2nd shift hours
- Ability and availability to work extended hours including nights and weekends as needed by the customer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.