Insurance Verification Specialist Jobs Vacancy in New England Life Care South Portland
New England Life Care South Portland urgently required following position for Insurance Verification Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Insurance Verification Specialist Jobs Vacancy in New England Life Care South Portland Jobs Details:
New England Life Care (NELC) is a leading provider of home infusion therapy services and is the region’s only non-profit provider. NELC was created by local hospitals to ensure their patients have access to a provider that reflects their commitment to excellence, quality care and ethics. Like our owner hospitals, NELC provides patient focused care. To learn more about our unique, rapidly growing organization, please visit our website at www.nelifecare.org.
We currently have an opportunity for a full time Insurance Verification Specialist. The person in this position is responsible for the verification of the patients’ medical insurance for all aspects of reimbursement of home infusion therapies or the establishment of an alternative method of payment for services.
- Process all new referrals, ensuring accurate information and source of reimbursement
- Verifies health insurance benefits and eligibility
- Negotiates with 3rd party payers to establish pricing for prescribed services
- Follows up with case managers, third party payers and branch personnel to ensure timely delivery of patient care
- Prepares AFR for patient guarantor that indicates estimated charges, expected health insurance benefits, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organization skills required.
- 1 year experience in a healthcare setting processing claims or comparative experience preferred.
- Experience with healthcare patient account / billing / collections computer applications including electronic claims processing preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance
- Short / long term disability
- 403B retirement plan with company match
- PTO and paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- verifying medical insurance benefits: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)