Emergency Deptartment Technician Grade Jobs Vacancy in Kaiser Permanente Santa Rosa
Kaiser Permanente Santa Rosa urgently required following position for Emergency Deptartment Technician Grade. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Emergency Deptartment Technician Grade Jobs Vacancy in Kaiser Permanente Santa Rosa Jobs Details:
- Under direct supervision of the physician and/or designee, assists in examination and treatment of patients.
- Performs within the scope and training of the EDT, and consistent State/ Federal regulations including EMTALA, HIPAA and other applicable regulations, including patient confidentiality and risk management.
- Provision of competent patient care, for all ages, acuities and conditions in the population the facility serves, including ensuring age-specific care and responding to cultural needs of patients and families.
- Communicates clearly and with courtesy with all members of healthcare team, following lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Proficient in English for effective oral and written communication with co-workers and other healthcare team members.
- Completes duties with regard to safety practices and policies, including infection control, workplace safety, and management of aggressive behaviors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunications in documentation, tracking, conveying information
- Maintains required certifications and continuing education requirements per department and facility standards.
- Establishes priorities based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Documents patient care and unit activities in a timely, accurate, and concise manner.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Participates in ED staff meetings, in-services, and performance improvement activities.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families. Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Requires dependable attendance to scheduled shifts and required staff development.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues.
- Assists with rooming and undressing of patients at the direction of the RN.
- Obtains, records and reports vital signs, EKG.s, heights, weights and inputs/outputs of patients as directed and per department policy.
- Assists physicians and nurses with various procedures, including positioning and set up of draping and prepping.
- Applies monitoring devices, prepares patient for suturing, and performs wound cleaning, application of dressings, orthopedic devices, splints, and crutch fitting.
- Assists patients to/from bathroom, in general ambulation, and transports patients as needed.
- Assists health care team in emergency situations including resuscitation.
- Assists with discharge process under direction of physician or nurse.
- Cleans ED gurneys and equipment for efficient provision of care.
- Ensures patient belonging are collected, bagged and tagged with belonging checklist filled out.
- Provides post-mortem care.
- Prepares requisitions for lab, imaging reports and medical records. Carries out basic clerical duties of the Unit Assistant as needed.
- Conducts pharmacy, lab, nutrition and imaging pick-ups and deliveries, including specimen transport, as needed.
- Inventories, orders, unpack and distributes supplies, forms and linens.
- Responsible for cleanliness, stocking and organization of patient care areas, utility and storage rooms.
- Per facility infection control policy, cleans and processes instruments.
- Responsible for the quality control checks of urine dipsticks (as applicable per facility).
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to implement community resources.
- Ability to pull charts from file room (as necessary).
- Ability to properly fill out after-hours admission paperwork.
- Ability to properly apply splints per MD orders.
- To be able to perform the duties/tasks of a receptionist which will include proper cash handling, customer service, greeting patients, and properly filling out paperwork as well as identifying patients.
- To be able to demonstrate proper body mechanics when transporting patients to the floor, or another department. Also use of proper lift techniques in certain circumstances.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.