Senior Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Becton Dickinson Company Salt Lake City
Becton Dickinson Company Salt Lake City urgently required following position for Senior Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Becton Dickinson Company Salt Lake City Jobs Details:
Job Description Summary
Becton, Dickinson Interventional (BDI) is a leading multinational developer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies in the fields of vascular, urology, oncology and surgical specialty products, employing over 65,000 people across 50 countries around the world. Founded more than 100 years ago, BDI pioneered many devices that are cornerstones of modern healthcare. BD - PI is the vascular division within BDI and focusses on interventional products for peripheral arterial disease (PAD), end stage renal disease (ESRD), and Cancer. We expect the highest levels of quality, integrity, service, and innovation from our employees – on the job and in the communities in which we work and live. In return, we foster an environment where individuals are treated with fairness, respect, and feel valued, acknowledged and rewarded. Be Your Best at BD-PI – and ultimately, you can have an impact on the lives of people around the world.
This is an engineering role on the Dialysis and CVC team. The engineer will work on developing new catheter designs or technology to help improve Dialysis and CVC treatments
This is a high-level research and development engineering position. Requires a high-energy individual with excellent teamwork, partnering, project management and negotiation skills. Must demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. High level and hands-on engineering position that leverages medical device development / quality / manufacturing experience in new product and process development. Responsible for both the technical aspects of product design and development as well as the translation of marketing requirements into product specifications. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail orientation and analytical/problem solving skills are a must. Must be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to achieve results with minimal direction.
- Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with internal & external customer and support staff.
- Leads cross-functional teams- manages project budget and timeline.
- Provides technical support on components, material methods, systems and equipment.
- Develops physical and functional test requirements to assure specifications and regulations are met.
- Writes and approves protocols, reports and data.
- Manages testing outlined in protocols and test methods.
- Manages/develops validation studies on equipment & processes.
- Conduct complaints investigations.
- Understands and follows company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in and provides input to training on department & division procedures, and policies
- Manages project planning, budgeting, scheduling and tracking.
- Plans and coordinates engineering test builds.
- Analyzes problems in design, process and test development. Recommend/implement solutions.
- Prepares and presents oral and written project updates and technical discussions.
- Develops and implements procedures/policy.
- Manages lower level engineers and/or team technician.
- Manages the project budget, create PO and manage supplier payments.
- Experience as the lead R&D engineer on a medical device product development program
- Demonstrated proficiency in mechanical design, tolerance stack-up analysis, design for Manufacturability (DFM), and specification development
- Design capability with small plastic and metal parts
- Demonstrated proficiency with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD & T)
- Significant experience in product verification and validation testing, medical device new product development and rapid prototyping.
- Experience in product verification via test equipment development and equipment validation (IQ/OQ/PQ) within an FDA regulated or other regulated industry (i.e. bio-tech/pharma, aerospace, food/beverage).
- Clinical trial and/or animal trial experience
- Proficient in technical writing of protocols and reports.
- Proven capability in writing clear and detailed testing and product assembly procedures.
- Impeccable documentation skills and adherence to design control procedures and GLP
- Demonstrated experience in application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Comfortable in a dynamic working environment with a high amount of change
- Demonstrated ability in using statistical experimental design and analysis techniques (i.e. Taguchi Design of Experiments)
- PMP certification
- Ability to make and present engineering decisions.
- Minimum Bachelors Engineering 4 to 8 yrs; Minimum Masters Engineering 2 to 6 yrs; Minimum PhD Engineering 2 to 4 yrs
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Salt Lake City