Staff Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Bridgetown Natural Foods Portland
Bridgetown Natural Foods Portland urgently required following position for Staff Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Staff Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Bridgetown Natural Foods Portland Jobs Details:
- Execute bi-weekly payroll processing
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Perform certain daily accounting transactions
- Manage workflow to ensure all transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Execute weekly vendor payment check run, ACH, and wire transfer payments
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Research and email appropriate audience of issues
- Prepare and distribute weekly operations metrics reporting
- Act as backup for Accounts Payable invoice entry function and Accounts Receivable customer invoicing function
- Participate in physical inventory counting on occasion
- Minimum 2 -year Associates Degree, with Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 year of payroll experience which included using payroll and timekeeping products (Paychex preferred)
- Working knowledge of Oregon and Washington local, state, and federal employment, wage and hour laws (including Tri-Met and Lane County LTD), and payroll tax regulations
- Demonstrated skill in creating and maintaining moderately complex spreadsheets and reports using Excel and HRIS Reporting
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential data
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Demonstrated effective project/time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in performing job duties; solid understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and operations
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to convey a positive and professional demeanor. Experience working effectively in a diverse environment where language can pose a communication challenge.
- General understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong PC skills including intermediate proficiency in Excel
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on occasion
- From time to time, this position requires the individual to be on his/her feet and safely maneuver through a warehouse and manufacturing environment
- Must be able to ascend and descend building stairways to reach job assignments and perform essential functions
- Able to work in an environment containing nuts, peanuts, dairy, grains and other allergens.
- This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with occasional off hours work requirements.