Courier Jobs Vacancy in Houston Methodist Houston
Houston Methodist Houston urgently required following position for Courier. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Courier Jobs Vacancy in Houston Methodist Houston Jobs Details:
Accurately reconciles, organizes and transports specimens and documents between various laboratory facilities, physician offices and Patient Access.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Properly operates the pneumatic tube system to send specimens through the system Understands how to utilize the pneumatic tube system for the transport of specific lab specimens to CSR, adhering to the established guidelines. Examines and separates specimens before hand delivering specimens that cannot be transported through the pneumatic tube system to various laboratories such as Microbiology, Cytology, Histology, HLA, and others as needed. Responds promptly to all STAT and routine specimen pick-up requests received via pager or telephone. Transports specimens to and from ancillary laboratory facilities including but not limited to St. Luke`s and TCH.
2. Completes STAT and scheduled pick-ups in the Smith and Scurlock Tower promptly..Neatly and completelyreconciles all specimens with log sheets before they are taken to Histology or Smith 5 All deliveries are performed in a timely manner, accurately and efficiently. Clocks in all anatomic specimens from physician offices, xeroxes a copy of the requisition and face sheet and places a copy of the information with the specimen in the bag. All originals are marked 'Lab Needs Card' and taken to Patient Access for registration. The courier periodically follows up on the progress of the registration so that the specimens are processed in a timely manner. Maintains confidentiality of the patient information at all times as required by HIPPA.
3. Transports mail and packages for the Outpatient Laboratory. Transports Rhogam from the Blood Bank to Smith 5.
4. Communicates clearly and professionally with patients, nurses, physicians, visitors, and coworkers in a courteous, friendly, and helpful manner. All ph1 conversation is professional. Communicates positively and effectively with co-workers regarding specimen delivery issues. Promotes a positive image of the department and the Hospital through verbal and non-verbal communication with all persons.Demonstrates the componets of 'I CARE' values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
5. Maintains a well-stocked and organized work area. Assists in cleaning and disinfecting the Smith 5 work area. Monitors and packages biohazardous trash for pick-up. Maintains adequate supply levels for formalin containers, sputum fixative containers, viral culture media, GC culture media, LIM broth, AFB and Fungus culture media, 24 hour urine containers, etc. Monitors expiration dates for supplies on a monthly basis. Demonstrates knowledge of different specimen collection containers and media to assist in distribution of supplies to patients and physician offices maintaining a supply log for documentation.
6. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
7. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards.
8. Readily implements new and revised procedures.
9. Performs other job-related duties as assigned. Utilizes spare time to seek out and complete extra tasks.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Must exhibit excellent customer service skills.
2. Ability to build and sustain interpersonal relationships.
3. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally with staff.
4. Must meet the requirements on the competency checklist for the assigned area.