Materials Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Skydex Technologies Inc Englewood
Skydex Technologies Inc Englewood urgently required following position for Materials Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Materials Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Skydex Technologies Inc Englewood Jobs Details:
SKYDEX is an industry leader in developing protective products that mitigate impact, dampen vibration and provide superior cushioning and is dedicated to Protecting Things That Matter®. With superior precision, durability and tunability, our proprietary technology is engineered to excel in the harshest environments and most demanding conditions. Our customized applications unlock value for customers across an extensive range of commercial, military, athletic and consumer applications.
We are a team of innovators, engineers and problem solvers, and we are dedicated to maximizing our partner’s and user’s performance. We actively seek every possibility to push our technology to its limits to meet specific impact and cushioning requirements. From enhancing Bomb Suits to protecting over 23,000 military vehicles and 6,000 marine craft, we leverage our technical expertise and keen understanding of our customer’s challenges to develop customized applications that deliver long-term value.
This position is part of our product development team leading the identification and application of new materials by bringing together theory and hands-on work. A thorough understanding of elastomeric materials and their processing is critical. He or she develops test plans using design of experiments to demonstrate the efficacy of materials for a required application. This involves using in-house prototyping and testing equipment, including extrusion and thermoforming, as well as third party analysis. Additionally, the Materials Engineer supports manufacturing and supply chain with subject matter expertise and root cause problem solving related to materials.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of plastics and associated manufacturing processes. Experience with CAD and materials performance simulation is also preferred. This candidate should also have an appreciation for product design and the practical application of materials science.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed performance requirements for materials in advanced product applications and identify polymers to satisfy those requirements
- Use knowledge of elastomeric materials, particularly thermoplastics, to work with suppliers on sourcing and developing new materials
- Establish internal materials test standards to guide the day to day selection and evaluation of materials solutions
- Develop test plans and prepare technical reports, operate equipment to test materials, and prototype structures formed from the materials
- Create and manage projects plans and timelines for multiple, overlapping initiatives
- Evaluate economic factors associated with changes to materials and processes
- Assist the product development team in materials selection and serve as internal subject matter expert
- Work with supply chain and manufacturing on material controls and specifications
- Utilize knowledge of polymers and processing to collaborate with manufacturing engineers on process improvements
Education: Master’s degree preferred, minimum of bachelor’s degree, in Plastics Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Material Science, or similar
- Experience with plastics, experience with elastomers highly preferred
- Experience with design of experiments and testing
- Proficient with statistical data analysis
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Also preferred:
- Experienced in SolidWorks or similar CAD software
- Process improvement experience (Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean, etc.)
- Experience with Matlab and/or Python
- Understanding of finite element analysis and simulation
Physical Demands: Ability to lift 35 – 40 lbs.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Ability to travel occasionally (up to 10%)
Competitive comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K with company match
- Company Stock Option Plan
Job Type: Full-time
- FEA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Process Improvement: 1 year (Preferred)
- Plastics: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts