Activities Assistant Restorative Aid Jobs Vacancy in Flatirons Health Rehab Louisville
Flatirons Health Rehab Louisville urgently required following position for Activities Assistant Restorative Aid. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Activities Assistant Restorative Aid Jobs Vacancy in Flatirons Health Rehab Louisville Jobs Details:
Job Description As an Activities Assistant, you will conduct activities and experiences for the community residents which fulfill the physical, mental and psychosocial needs and interests of the residents. This position reports to the facility’s Executive Director and works under the supervision of the Activities Director.
You are the poster job for the I.L.E.E. way culture! Ideally, the candidate should have excellent customer service skills, excellent communication and organization skills, and have an upbeat and positive demeanor.
Day to Day Responsibilities: Assisting the facilities residents with activities.
- Conduct scheduled activities accordingly to the activities calendar.
- Follow directions and multitask.
- Assists the Activities Director as needed.
- Assists with activities planning, parties and holidays.
- Assists patients in joining daily activities for life enrichment.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 6 months to a year of relevant experience or training
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks or work collectively with a team.
- Current State certified nursing aide license.
- Employee must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop & maintain good working relationships with co-workers & other departments.
- Employee must be able to perform in such a way to build good working habits & relationships among the staff that they manage as well as other departmental staff.
- May require standing and walking up to 50% of the time.
- The employee is required to use assistance when attempting to assist or lift objects over 25 lbs.
Restorative Aid Job Priorities: Improve the lives of our customers, especially the patients, families, and fellow employees.
- Provides C.N.A. duties as directed by supervisor and answers resident call lights as necessary.
- Provides restorative nursing to residents as instructed by the assessment of the RN, RPT and/or Occupational Therapist (OTR).
- Restorative care may include functions of range of motion (passive/active), walking, splint or brace assistance, dressing/grooming, toileting, eating or swallowing, bladder retaining, amputation/prosthetic care transfers, communication, bed mobility and/or strengthening.
- Communicates any changes in decline and process to the charge nurse, OTR and/or RPT
- Is responsible for documentation of all care given
Physical Activity Requirements: Employees must be aware that during the normal, routine performances of the essential functions, certain body movements may occur naturally although they may not be a requirement of the job. The more frequent body movements include: standing, sitting, walking, handling, balancing, changing position, reaching, stooping, lifting/lowering, carrying, pushing/pulling, etc. The employee is required to use assistance (for example: mechanical lifts or request staff assistance) when attempting to assist, lift or carry objects over 25 lbs. Other body movements may occur naturally during the everyday duties of the position.