Project Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Quest Global Engineering
Quest Global Engineering urgently required following position for Project Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Quest Global Engineering Jobs Details:
- Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to organize and coordinate various activities in SharePoint and TeamCenter.
- Create various matrix for customers utilizing Excel
- Maintain hourly releases of Boms to the various EC, utilizing SAP and SharePoint
- Must be able to create Pivot tables and know how to use functions in Excel
- Candidates are required to work a 2nd shift schedule 11:00am-7:00pm. Weekend overtime shifts may be required depending on engine build schedules.
Secondary Job Functions:
At QuEST, we often challenge our team members to temporarily work outside the scope of their primary job functions to broaden their skills and help the organization. Some of these roles and opportunities include:
- Execution within multiple services
- Project Management: Execution and Support
- Develop work instructions to ensure repeatability
- Personnel Management
- Cross-functional teams
- Geographic re-assignments
- Quality Management and Continuous Improvement
- A.S. in an engineering, manufacturing, or industrial field or equivalent experience is required. Students approaching achievement of a degree with applicable work/internship experience and available for full time work will also be considered.
- Ability to read blueprints/mechanical drawings required
- The candidate must be proficient with Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), proficiency with Microsoft Project, SAP, SharePoint and TeamCenter is a plus, but not required
- Strong teamwork, communication, and problem solving skills are required
- Candidates should be self-starters and possess a strong desire to continuously learn while working with minimal direction
- Candidates should have the ability to work in a manufacturing environment as the position will be based on time spent on the development assembly floor
- Candidates must be US Citizen or Permanent Residents
Personal Work Attributes
- Self-motivated, disciplined, passionate, and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills to commutate with engineering and union hourly mechanics
Core Value Alignment:
Customer Focus: Strive to exceed our customers’ expectations each and every time
Teamwork: Draw strength from teamwork / collaboration irrespective of geographical, organizational, and cultural boundaries.
Accountability: We shall be quality conscious, process disciplined and strive for continuous improvement.
Change Championship: The speed at which we adapt is critical to our success.
QuEST’s continued success is based on the sustained alignment to the core values. Please be prepared to discuss the alignment of your personal values to these core values.
Typical Career Paths
- Project Engineer: Data log and support activities of the ZDC team, review other team members’ work, evaluate capabilities, develop team competencies, develop and improve technical processes, create technical collateral, and create technical tools.
- Managerial Leadership: project management, personnel management, alignment of team members’ efforts, set and evaluates annual goals, performance feedback, hire and onboard and strategic business decision-making.
- QuEST is a rapidly growing world-wide company with a need for future global engineering leaders in our operations and sales organizations. Potential future roles could include operational business unit leader, global sales leader, or technical service line leader.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 11:00am-7:00pm
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Middletown, CT
Travel: Not required, but possible.
Compensation Type: Competitive hourly compensation with benefits
Reports to: Team Lead