Energy Policy Analyst Jobs Vacancy in University California Davis Davis
University California Davis Davis urgently required following position for Energy Policy Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Energy Policy Analyst Jobs Vacancy in University California Davis Davis Jobs Details:
Track and analyze a wide range of topics including renewable energy, distributed energy resources, grid integration, utilities and regulatory policy.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with energy and policy researchers and faculty at UC Davis and other key academic institutions.
Analyze trends in energy policy, provide analysis, recommendations, and coordinate follow-up related to a broad range of operations and projects. Format complex information in presentations for senior leadership and key stakeholders.
Develop summary materials such as policy briefs, issue papers, blogs, and presentation slides summarizing key energy research with policy relevance.
Identify funding opportunities and lead development of grant proposals and other funding opportunities in energy policy-related topics.
Meet regularly with the supervisor and the Policy Institute team to review short and long term program priorities and help develop strategy.
THIS CONTRACT APPOINTMENT WILL END ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF HIRE WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION.
- Work in an area where there is constant traffic and noise from office machines, telephones and conversations.
- Move/manipulate supplies and equipment of various weights (up to 25lbs) using a cart and/or hand truck.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Professional experience with energy systems, policies and challenges.
- Experience developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with various partners such as stakeholders, Universities, industry, government, non-profit sector and the community.
- Project management experience using strategic planning and evaluation skills to analyze, define and assess problems/issues, and define needed actions including meeting deadlines.
- Experience using writing, editing and proofreading skills to create presentations, informational documents and correspondence.
- Experience complying with reporting requirements.
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentations, electronic mail and internet.
- Subject matter expertise with renewable energy, distributed energy resources, grid integration, utilities and regulatory policy.
- Experience with energy policy makers such as regulators, researchers, industry groups, and NGOs.
- Experience with international energy policy.
- Experience and familiarity with the university research culture and public agency research culture, and ability to bridge them effectively.
- Public speaking and presentation experience.