Part Time Shelter Monitor Jobs Vacancy in Family Violence Prevention Services
Family Violence Prevention Services urgently required following position for Part Time Shelter Monitor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Part Time Shelter Monitor Jobs Vacancy in Family Violence Prevention Services Jobs Details:
SHIFT: Weekends – Saturday & Sunday (1pm – 9pm). Additional hours may be available.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
– Handle daily residential requests and situations
– Operate multi-line phone system
– Respond to crisis calls
– Operate and monitor security system
– Complete intake paperwork for new clients
– Respond appropriately to emergencies in shelter
– Ensure emergency clothing requests are completed and submitted to the Lead Shelter Manager
Handle residential requests and situations
– Responsible for the physical safety of clients during shift.
– Ensure FVPS program policies, procedures and the Daily Living Agreement are followed by staff and residents.
– Actively listen and communicate with clients.
– Deescalate situations following FVPS polices and procedures
– Operate shelter intercom system
– Complete documentation in a timely manner.
– Complete room checks when residents exit the shelter facility during your shift
– Assist Lead Shelter Manager to complete weekly room checks for current residents
Operate multi-line phone system
– Utilize multi-line telephone system to manage incoming calls to the shelter.
– Prioritize incoming calls, put calls on hold, transfer calls or transfer calls to voicemail, etc.
Respond to crisis calls
– Answer crisis calls.
– Assess clients’ needs.
– Complete Crisis Log Intake form for each call.
– Determine eligibility of caller for FVPS services.
– Provide information and referrals for community resources.
– Provide crisis intervention.
Operate and monitor security system
– Screen all visitors to the shelter
– Monitor security system cameras, changing camera settings as necessary.
– Assess the danger of the situation and notify the proper authorities immediately for emergency situations.
Complete intake paperwork for new clients
– Complete timely and courteous intakes on all new residential clients arriving during your shift
– Inform caseworkers when new clients arrive for intake completion assistance when needed
– Keep census of all clients and children.
– Determine room placement of new clients and update census.
– Distribute linens and client bags.
Respond appropriately to emergencies in shelter
– Follow FVPS policies and procedures are when responding to emergencies in the shelter
– Provide basic first aid for minor injuries
– Call 911 for fire, health and security emergencies
– Operate fire alarm panel
– Administer CPR in appropriate circumstances
– Distribute daily living needs items to residents in a timely and courteous manner
– Make sure Manager’s office is clean and stocked with supplies.
– Inform receptionist is copies are needed.
– Make laundry soap and baby wipe baggies.
– Monthly on-call rotation
– Other duties as assigned.
– Ensure laundry is completed.
– Ensure all doors are secured and locked.
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Three years work experience
– Bilingual preferred
– Ability to work as a team member, providing support and constructive feedback in interpersonal interactions.
– Sensitivity to the needs of battered women and children.
– Sensitivity to various cultures, ethnic and social groups, different languages, attitudes and customs.
– Successfully complete CPR and First Aid training
– Successfully complete all trainings as assigned by Director of Residential Services
Candidates shall apply with:
– Cover Letter & Resume (required)
– References from 3 individuals (preferred)
– Application and questions about this position shall be submitted directly to Paige Theriot- Lead Client Service Coordinator, Paige.Theriot@fvps.org.