Network Technology Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Greater Southern Tier Boces Elmira
Greater Southern Tier Boces Elmira urgently required following position for Network Technology Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Network Technology Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Greater Southern Tier Boces Elmira Jobs Details:
LOCATION: SCHUYLER COUNTY
Full-time position (1.0 FTE), 8 hours per day, 12 months per year; Competitive Civil Service Position
- Supports end users in all areas of computer operations, communications, software and hardware;
- Provides maintenance in a timely manner in response to user requests.
- Provides PC desktop troubleshooting and customer support;
- Implements, maintains and troubleshoots telephone systems and LANS;
- Provides hardware and software maintenance, training and technical support for varied programs;
- Assists with the training of users in the operation of computers and software application use;
- May act as project manager for computer network implementation in specific school district(s);
- Acts as liaison between customer, programmers and LAN staff;
- Provides recommendation and creates requisitions on behalf of customer to purchase hardware and software;
- Works with systems personnel establishing user (customer) and operations communications procedures;
- Other duties as assigned
This is a competitive Civil Service position. The selected candidate must possess this title or be among the top three of a current, binding Civil Service list for the title or if no binding Civil Service list be in the top three after taking the required Civil Service exam for the title.
Associates Degree OR 60 hours in Computer Sciences (or related field) with experience in network support and installations & Windows PC desktop support, network telecommunications equipment and general LAN/WAN support OR High School Diploma (or equivalent) and two (2) years of the above experience
- Good Communication skills (written and interpersonal) required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, maintain and support networked PC’s and Windows based servers required.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Hyper-V, MS Office Suite, Apple iPads and PC configuration.
- Experience working with Microsoft System Center.
- Sound oral and written communication skills, a high degree of logical reasoning and resourcefulness; sound judgment; tact; patience and physical condition.
Salary: $32,000 - $40,000, dependent on related work experience. Plus comprehensive benefits package.
Civil Service Title: NETWORK TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
Job Number: CSC19-0014