Dermatology Medical Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Dermatology Institute LaGrange
Dermatology Institute LaGrange urgently required following position for Dermatology Medical Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Dermatology Medical Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Dermatology Institute LaGrange Jobs Details:
This position is responsible for providing care to patients undergoing skin surgery, including pre-surgical patient evaluations and teaching and postoperative patient and family teaching in a safe and quality-focused environment. This position is also responsible for assisting with surgical procedures, assisting with patient care, patient flow, charting in electronic and paper records, and nursing-related administrative duties consistent with the Mission and Values of Dermatology Institute for Skin Cancer + Cosmetic Surgery.
Duties and Activities:
- Provide care according to physician’s instruction and in accordance with recognized medical assisting techniques and procedures and established standards and policies to maintain the health and general well-being of the patient.
- Must be willing to travel between Newnan and Lagrange offices.
- Perform initial assessment and evaluation of patient and patient health survey data. Provide pre-operative and post-operative teaching for both patient and family members.
- Provide assistance during surgery or other procedures as indicated.
- Set up patient for surgery including prepping area, draping with sterile drapes, setting up clean tray with anesthesia and preparing instruments.
- Scrub in as assistant to surgeon. Hand instruments and cut suture, keep operative area clean and organized.
- Prepare equipment and paper work for biopsies
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation.
- Prepare a permanent note for each Mohs case with follow up phone call documented in Electronic Medical Record.
- Maintain medical assisting practice consistent with OSHA, HIPAA, QA and safety regulations.
- Provide appropriate written instructions regarding care and potential problems.
- Maintain safety and well-being of patient according to individual needs
- Provide assistance as needed during ambulating to maintain safety of patient.
- Maintain confidentiality and privileged communications related to patients.
- Maintain and operate monitoring equipment present in clinic.
- .Be a clinical resource for other Mohs staff; coordinate staffing with direction from Practice Administrator
- Must have dermatology experience
- Current GA Medical assisting certification, certification in basic life support
- Willing to travel to Newnan/Lagrange offices.
Job Type: Full-time
- surgery or Dermatology: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- Dermatology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Surgery: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical assisting: 1 year (Required)