Management Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Southwest Gas Phoenix
Southwest Gas Phoenix urgently required following position for Management Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Management Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Southwest Gas Phoenix Jobs Details:
The Management Assistant /Administrative Assistant performs a variety of office and administrative support functions for a department or area while maintaining confidentiality, as applicable, and other duties, as assigned. This classification reports to a manager or above.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT) under Title 49 CFR Part 382 and Part 40. Any applicant/employee who performs a DOT covered function or is licensed and would operate a commercial vehicle for the Company will be subject to drug and alcohol testing under the Company’s DOT drug and alcohol testing programs. Any employment, transfer, or promotion offer made for this position is contingent upon taking and passing a drug test prior to the commencement of the new role. If an applicant/employee fails the drug test, any offer of employment, transfer, or promotion will be revoked.
- Perform diverse administrative and general office duties, utilizing independent judgment
- Ensure confidentiality of all information, both written and verbal
- Act as office liaison for requests and/or inquiries
- Assist department/co-workers in achieving goals and commitments
- Coordinate and assist in problem solving involving the clerical and/or administrative office procedures function in accordance with supervisory instructions
- Assist in scheduling department staff coverage, appointments, itineraries and business functions utilizing software applications
- Compose sensitive and confidential correspondence and reports
- Proofread and edit all projects prior to release
- Collect information from department files for authorized inquiries and/or special staff reports
- Troubleshoot office equipment and schedule maintenance and repairs
- Set up and maintain confidential records
- Determine and use generally accepted methods to classify, retain and retrieve stored data as described in the Company Records Management Manual
- Prepare and process Company forms and records
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Prioritize assignments and meet deadlines established by management
- Assist in preparation and monitoring of the department budget, when required
- Promote good public relations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular and predictable attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job
- Required to possess a valid driver’s license and/or other special licenses/certifications.
- Must be available to work overtime
- Must be able to work in another location, district, or department
- Must successfully complete all aspects of required training
- Must comply with Company rules of general conduct, Company policies and procedures
This position requires knowledge of Company practices and procedure manuals; standard word processing, spreadsheet and other applications, as needed according to department; general filing and Company correspondence procedures; proper use of the English language to include spelling, grammar, vocabulary and punctuation; proofreading techniques; telephone etiquette; standard office equipment.
Experience with budget preparation and cost tracking preferred.