Clerk Mail Receiving Jobs Vacancy in Collin County Community College McKinney
Collin County Community College McKinney urgently required following position for Clerk Mail Receiving. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Clerk Mail Receiving Jobs Vacancy in Collin County Community College McKinney Jobs Details:
2200 University Drive, Central Park Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Clerk Mail/Receiving
Ensure postal services are completed timely and accurately throughout the entire district. Receive and process all incoming and outgoing U.S.P.S for all of the Campuses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sort in-coming US Mail and inter-office mail according to location and division. Prepare outgoing inter-office mail for pickup-up and distribution to other campuses by the mail courier.
- Maintain mail room supplies to ensure adequate supply is maintained for employees at all times.
- Drive company vehicle (light truck) as necessary.
- Perform diversified receiving and delivery functions in support of the full-time receiving department. Sign for merchandise received, record transfer and delivery transactions and maintain accurate records and reports. Check materials received for correct quantity, description, specification and condition.
- Prepare surplus property for public auction. Run property auctions and field questions in relation to removal of surplus property.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices and procedures with minimal supervision within assigned time frame.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
High School Diploma and one (1) year of related experience required.
Current Texas driver's license and insurable with the College's insurance carrier.
**** The working hours for this position will typically be between 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Monday through Friday, and not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. Hours may vary****
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of USPS postal regulations.
- Knowledge of repair and maintenance requirements
- Knowledge of surplus property disposal
- Inventory control skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer and data entry skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism and keep calm when faced with difficult situations
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
- Ability to construct spreadsheets for monthly reporting
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $12.90 - 12.90
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.