Administrative Assistant Sloan Kettering Institute Jobs Vacancy in Memorial Sloan Kettering New York
- Administrative Assistant Sloan Kettering Institute
- Memorial Sloan Kettering
- New York NY
- 11 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Memorial Sloan Kettering New York urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant Sloan Kettering Institute. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Sloan Kettering Institute Jobs Vacancy in Memorial Sloan Kettering New York Jobs Details:
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In more than 100 laboratories, our scientists are conducting innovative research to advance understanding in the biological sciences and improve human health. The SKI Staff includes 400 research fellows, and 200 graduate students (both PhDs and MD/PhDs). SKI boasts many National Academy of Sciences members and Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators.
- Perform routine administrative activities to maintain the smooth operation of the office including answering and directing calls, schedule meetings and maintain calendars and answer email inquiries in a timely manner.
- Greet and escort visitors
- Maintain office files and document organization
- Prepare travel, financial and HR-related paperwork
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Update websites and documentation.
- Plan and oversee seminars, receptions and events
- Proofread and edit text, creating accurate and legible documents including flyers and agendas for speakers
- Track and input information in Filemaker databases.
- A planner and an organizer with a keen attention to detail
- A great communicator
- A professional who possesses the ability to work well with people of many different backgrounds and temperament
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, 2 years’ experience
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, discretion, organization, initiative, and judgement
- Ability to work proactively and independently is necessary, as is the ability to track and follow-through on projects
- Careful attention to detail, ability to multitask, and strong interpersonal skills
- previous work experience in an academic or healthcare environment is a plus
- Experience with both PC and Mac software is strongly preferred and familiarity with FileMaker databases is a plus.