Military Veteran Affairs Representative Jobs Vacancy in Devry University Kansas City
Devry University Kansas City urgently required following position for Military Veteran Affairs Representative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Military Veteran Affairs Representative Jobs Vacancy in Devry University Kansas City Jobs Details:
Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a different kind of education – one based on experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join our team, you’re choosing an institution that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we’re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It’s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it’s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an organization focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.
The Military and Veteran Affairs Representative (MVAR) I is a member of DeVry's Workforce Solution team, responsible for recruiting future DeVry students within the military and veteran communities. The MVAR builds quality relationships with military, veteran, government, and business organizations locally and regionally. Relationships are established and cultivated for the purpose of promoting DeVry University, and bringing more students into the student body. The MVAR works independently to book appointments, deliver presentations, attend events, and collect inquiries; and serves as the subject-matter expert on military and veteran educational opportunities to internal and external stakeholders.
This is a remote (work-from-home) position with 100% travel. The ideal candidate will be based in Kansas City, MO with the ability to travel throughout the Mid-West territory (primarily Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Iowa, & Nebraska).
In this role, and at the direction of the Regional Manager, the MVAR will:
- Generate quality, interested inquiries in support of new student growth objectives;
- Establish and maintain relationships with key military, veteran, government, and business entities locally and regionally;
- Grow relationships across existing accounts, and organically source and grow new accounts throughout assigned territory;
- Source and attend sanctioned events to conduct inquiry generation in full compliance with all DOD and VA policies and applicable government regulations;
- Remain current on all DeVry University programs, and with trends and initiatives of each military branch as it pertains to voluntary education of their service personnel;
- Maintain relationships, and work in coordination with, internal stakeholders, to include business development, marketing, and local campus teams; and
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, business, or other applicable discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in sales, business, or recruiting environment.
- Military Veteran with experience in higher education industry is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and manage a territory.
- Highly motivated and self-driven.
- Passionate about higher education and its positive impact on military members, spouses, and veterans.
- Negotiating and excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to travel up to 100% required. Travel with overnight stay may be required.
- MS Office Suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Salesforce or similar CRM knowledge preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today