Global Technology Learning Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Latham Watkins Llp Los Angeles
Latham Watkins Llp Los Angeles urgently required following position for Global Technology Learning Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Global Technology Learning Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Latham Watkins Llp Los Angeles Jobs Details:
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Global Technology e-Learning Coordinator to join our winning team, located in our Global Services Office in downtown Los Angeles. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Global Technology e-Learning Coordinator will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Global Technology e-Learning Coordinator at Latham, you will develop and implement e-learning training programs for all Latham personnel. The Coordinator will create and provide multimedia training products including, but not limited to, the development of online end user training using a variety of tools and software. The Coordinator will be responsible for managing all content functions of the learning management system (LMS). He or she will identify training needs of Latham personnel via surveys, training requests, new technology analysis, and help desk reports. He or she will as a mentor for the learning management system, and provides LMS support to Technology, HR and other functional departments while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Acting as a project lead for technology e-learning training at the firm and manages online training and development initiatives; developing and coordinating and/or maintaining the proper functioning and adherence to Global Technology Training standards of the firm’s e-learning courseware
- Creating online training programs for Technology including new or updated software rollouts for and other departments to meet stakeholder’s specifications and the training needs of the firm; developing online training programs to enhance the ability, knowledge and/or productivity of Latham personnel in their role
- Evaluating e-learning rollouts and acts as project lead to ensure they meet local offices’ specific needs for new hire training, professional development, technology rollout training, or ongoing education; translating business specifications into user documentation
- Coordinating closely with HR and other functional departments to facilitate the learning needs of the firm with respect to the use and administration of the LMS; this includes the creation of curriculums, social learning strategies and online learning
- Working with management and subject matter experts to gain full knowledge and understanding of typical work processes in order to design effective training programs conducting research to understand objectives, challenges, and desired results to develop customized training programs
- Working with requestors to understand training needs and making recommendations to ensure most effective multimedia is selected; using learning strategies to select best training/instructional method given the subject, environment, and audience responsible for learning new material
- Developing and/or coordinating teaching aids such as outlines, handouts, instructions, tip sheets, e-learning, Tips of the Week, Course of the Month and other reference materials
- Acting independently to determine when training deficiencies require new training programs; identifying technology skill gaps of Latham personnel; making recommendations to Technology Trainers, Supervisors, and Managers; developing programs to meet the training needs, and creating methods for proper instruction
- Using the LMS to administer training programs
- Working with Technology and Human Resources Department teams to successfully test and implement all upgrades to the learning management system
- Working with members of the Technology Department, Human Resources and other stakeholders to identify requirements for the selection of new learning management systems
- Analyzing reports and reviewing training requests in order to develop appropriate training programs for the office or the firm
- Researching, reviewing, and staying abreast of current and emerging technologies and course resources; researching and identifying data sources for instructional material development; reviewing appropriate periodicals and journals
- Evaluating and testing new software programs and updates from a training and end user point of view
- Providing training to the practice office training staff with regard to software rollouts; designing train-the-trainer sessions to promote learning
- Providing assistance and training to Latham personnel for firm-approved software using a variety of different methods; software includes: Microsoft Office, iManage, Litera Change-Pro, Intapp Time, Payne Metadata Assistant, learning management system, Chrome River, Webex, Remote computing, Cisco phone software, and other programs as necessary
- Collaborating with the local Technology Trainers and the Global Technology Training team to ensure consistency of training programs firmwide
- Fostering communication among practice office training staff, as well as communication with other groups within the Technology Department through conference calls, meetings, email, and other tools
- Promoting and enforcing standardization of software training with an emphasis on developing the skills required for document production within practice groups
- Coordinating work with practice groups to develop procedures to improve document production that can be incorporated into a practice area knowledge base and included in instructor-led training and online training curricula
- Participating in firmwide training conference calls and/or smaller working groups to prepare for upgrades, writing materials, and learning processes
- Coordinating with other areas and departments of the firm where overlap exists to develop efficient procedures and communications to streamline processes and satisfy various department needs
- Completing special projects on various issues as needed
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
As a Global Technology e-Learning Coordinator, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Global Technology e-Learning Coordinator must have expert knowledge in e-learning development tools including Captivate, and Camtasia. An ideal candidate must display excellent communication skills in all media, expert technical writing skills. Excellent presentational skills are desired, with the ability to deliver presentations to an audience for instructional purposes. The Coordinator must have knowledge and proficiency in a wide variety of software programs, including Windows 7 and 10 , Microsoft Office 2010 and 2016 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), document management system, and Litera Change-Pro, Adobe Acrobat, timekeeping software (Intapp Time), Cisco Phone software.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Four (4) years of experience in instructional design and writing documentation for technology training is preferred. Four (4) years of experience developing e-learning/multimedia courseware is preferred. A minimum of three (3) years of experience supporting technology via end user training initiatives, preferably at a professional services organization, is desired. Experience using established methodologies with all stages of the instructional design process, including needs assessment, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation, is desired. Relevant project management experience is required. Moderate travel is required of this position.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
Latham & Watkins LLP will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
For information regarding family care and medical leave (CFRA), click here.