Alternative Investments Fund Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Dst Systems Kansas City
Dst Systems Kansas City urgently required following position for Alternative Investments Fund Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Alternative Investments Fund Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Dst Systems Kansas City Jobs Details:
Since its inception in 1985, ALPS has evolved from its modest beginnings of servicing a single bank mutual fund client into a full-service provider to the investment management industry. Now, with more than 660 employees, over 400 clients, and an executive team that’s been in place for over 20 years, ALPS continues to actively promote all of its various business segments – from asset servicing through ALPS Fund Services to asset gathering through ALPS Distributors and ALPS Advisors. With a combination of expertise in a broad range of products and a culture built around the founders’ encouragement to “Do Things Right”, ALPS is uniquely positioned in the industry to help its clients’ structure, service and distribution of all product types.
- Kansas City, MO
ALPS Alternative Investment Services is seeking an entry level Fund Accountant to join our rapidly growing Alternative Asset group. This group of driven professionals provides fund administration services including tasks such as fund start-up, book accounting, valuation services and investor accounting to our private equity and hedge fund clients. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone looking to start their career in finance.
- Maintain the books of record for private equity, venture capital, loan, real estate and other types of closed-end funds
- Maintain investor capital account records by recording capital activity and allocating fund profit and loss
- Record general ledger entries and investment activity to support fund transaction activity
- Reconcile transaction details and balances from the general ledger to third party supporting documentation
- Record capital closing activities and calculate investor allocations for subsequent closings
- Prepare and distribute capital call and capital distribution notices to fund investors
- Prepare monthly, quarterly or annual audit ready work papers to support fund accounting records
- Prepare monthly, quarterly or annual unaudited financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals or the federal income tax basis method of accounting
- Communicate with and manage client relationships
- Provide assistance towards year-end fund financial statement audit and tax preparation services
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years equivalent work-related experience within financial services industry
- General understanding of financial securities and markets, real estate operations and accounting
- Strong inter-personal, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and excel in a fast paced team based environment; career minded
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Excel, a must
- Able to effectively communicate and manage client relationships
- Knowledge of PEO, Advent Geneva, a plus
Location:Kansas City Missouri
DST is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here . DST is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.