Policy Advisor Jobs Vacancy in Texas Workforce Commission Austin
Texas Workforce Commission Austin urgently required following position for Policy Advisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Policy Advisor Jobs Vacancy in Texas Workforce Commission Austin Jobs Details:
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is seeking a Program Specialist to join the Chair & Commissioner Representing Employers Department team. This position is located in downtown Austin, next to the Texas State Capitol at 101 E 15th Street, Austin, TX.
The Program Specialist performs advanced (senior-level) consultative services and technical assistance work. This position will provide analysis on workforce development initiatives, agency projects/budget, and general workforce policy for the Commissioner's office. This position will assist in the analysis and review of employment programs, identify areas needing change, and help develop plans to improve programs or to address areas of concern. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Analyze of agency workforce development items.
- Analyze state agency budget proposals.
- Provide legislative analysis.
- Provide policy analysis on workforce development issues.
- Become subject matter expert on state and federal workforce programs.
- Intake some scheduling requests w/brief written summary (email) and recommendation to Commissioner and/or Chief of Staff (COS).
- Monitor and report on the stakeholder group meetings.
- Track upcoming agendas for stakeholder meetings and other workforce related meetings.
- Track employer stakeholder group meeting topics and agendas.
- Assist in preparation of workforce policy issues.
- During legislative session: track and correlate all agency notes on legislation.
- Assist the team in planning and implementing Commissioner hosted meetings.
- Assist the team in planning, coordinating, and promotion of the Texas Business Conferences.
- Assist with team research projects.
- Constituent case work: may draft responses for Commissioner.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Experience in Policy Analysis, budget analysis, and state agency operations.
- Masters degree in public policy, public administration, or government. (JD may substitute for preferred Masters degree)
- Experience in analyzing state agency or large entity budget items and issues
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university plus four years of full-time experience in the development, implementation, or interpretation of policies and procedures in a public or private agency.
- Twelve semester hours of graduate study from an accredited college or university may be substituted for each year of the required qualifying experience.
- A doctorate degree from an accredited college or university may be substituted for three years of the required qualifying experience
- One additional year of full-time qualifying experience may be substituted for each year (30 semester hours) of the required education.
Duty requires up to 50% travel (within the state of Texas) and the ability to lift 20 pounds.
The salary range for this position is $4,023.00 to $5,417.00 per month. TWC not only offers a competitive salary but the State of Texas benefits package includes health insurance, a retirement plan, and a variety of leave types. Learn about TWC jobs and benefits at www.texasworkforce.org/twcjobs.
Use your military skills to qualify for this position or other jobs! Go to www.texasskillstowork.com to translate your military work experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications and skill sets. Also, you can compare this position to military occupations (MOS) at the Texas State Auditor's Office by pasting this link into your browser: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_ProgramManagement.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, please complete a State of Texas Application for Employment and submit only ONE of following ways: apply online at www.workintexas.com by choosing the option: “I’m interested in this job” and clicking save (Preferred Method); or fax a completed State of Texas Application to 512-463-2832; or mail a completed application to Texas Workforce Commission, Human Resources Department, Room 230, 101 East 15th Street, Austin, Texas 78778-0001.
Job Type: Full-time