Donor Relations Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Emporia State University
Emporia State University urgently required following position for Donor Relations Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Donor Relations Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Emporia State University Jobs Details:
The ESU Foundation team seeks a highly organized, growth-oriented, articulate team player to join them in achieving their mission: raising and managing philanthropic resources to advance the mission of Emporia State University. The donor relations coordinator helps develop strong relationships with donors, alumni, foundations, corporations and friends by supporting the execution of a comprehensive donor relations program. In the effort to continue donors on the giving cycle, all donors will be promptly acknowledged, appropriately recognized, made aware of the impacts of their giving, and engaged in the life of the university.
The donor relations coordinator will report to the director of donor relations. The coordinator will work closely with all members of the university advancement team, including our colleagues in alumni relations.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Plan and produce events in accordance with both evolving campaign strategy and an established stewardship plan. Coordinate logistics for events, including guest registration, programs, mailings, technology, food/beverage, parking, etc. Manage event supply inventory and donor recognition/memento gifts.
- Execute donor relations communications strategy. Draft appropriate content and work with marketing and communications staff to design and produce new and updated materials.
- Create highly customized thank you videos, letters, and other one-off communication pieces as needed to supplement the donor relations communications strategy.
- Coordinate presidential guests for athletic events. Execute both mailed and direct contact invitations; manage RSVPs including ticketing/confirmations; make all preparations for hosting such as catering, beverage service, setup, volunteer coordination, parking, and scheduling staff hosts; prepare host briefings; and execute post-event communications.
The successful candidate will be a thoughtful individual, with a love of learning, who believes in the mission of Emporia State University, is results- and people-oriented, and possesses a strong work ethic and superb attention to detail. The candidate will also have proven relationship-building and communication skills, and a strong ability to write and speak persuasively about the impact of educational philanthropy. Some night and weekend work and travel are required.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communication, Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- At least one year of related, professional experience.
- Proﬁcient knowledge of the MS Oﬃce Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and meticulous attention to detail; time and project management skills to eﬀectively establish priorities and meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including political acumen, active listening skills, and skills to work eﬀectively within teams and with a variety of constituencies.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem resolution skills.
- Experience within the nonprofit organization or higher education environments.
- Demonstrated success in constituent relations.
- Experience with event planning and/or execution.
Competitive based upon experience and education. Includes excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, retirement package, generous vacation days and administrative/holiday closures.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit a cover letter addressing their interest and qualifications for the position; a resume; an unofficial transcript; and three professional references including name, address, and phone number to Search Committee c/o Aileen Miller, email@example.com or 1500 Highland St, Emporia, KS 66801. Background check and official transcripts will be required prior to hire. Review of application materials will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
About the Foundation:
Emporia State University Foundation’s mission is to raise and manage philanthropic resources to advance the mission of Emporia State University. The Foundation was established in 1952 as a 501(c)(3) corporation. The Foundation works closely with individuals, corporations and foundations who support and advocate for the University‘s goals and initiatives through charitable gifts that improve, enhance and expand the vitality of Emporia State University.
As of June 30, 2018, the Emporia State University Foundation held $110 million in net assets, of which $77.1 million were endowed. On average, the Foundation receives 9,400 gifts from 5,100 donors each year. In fiscal year 2018, the Foundation provided $5.75 million to support programming, faculty, scholarships, and projects for the benefit of Emporia State University.
About Emporia State University:
Emporia State University offers over 200 academic programs in the School of Business, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, School of Library and Information Management, and The Teachers College. ESU is the only public university in Kansas to have earned national recognition as a College of Distinction, an honor for universities that demonstrate innovative application of high-impact education. In addition, in the Best Colleges 2018 guidebook by U.S. News and World Report, ESU is ranked No. 2 in lowest student debt of all Midwest regional universities. U.S. News also cited ESU’s School of Business as a best value for both in-state and out-of-state students and ranked the online graduate education and non-MBA online programs in the Top 100 programs in the nation. For more information, visit www.emporia.edu.