Pediatric Speech Therapist Home Care Jobs Vacancy in Interim Healthcare Colorado Springs
Interim Healthcare Colorado Springs urgently required following position for Pediatric Speech Therapist Home Care. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Pediatric Speech Therapist Home Care Jobs Vacancy in Interim Healthcare Colorado Springs Jobs Details:
- Assists the physician(s) or other licensed independent practitioners in evaluating the patient’s level of communication deficit, hearing and swallowing function, as well as in developing the resulting plan of care/treatment including appropriate long-term treatment goals, selection of interventions, and the intensity, frequency and duration of services to meet the needs of an individual patient.
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments at appropriate time points as assigned.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
- Regularly assesses changes in the patient’s status since the last visit/treatment day, and determines whether the planned services should be modified, performing a re-evaluation and obtaining revision orders from the physician as indicated.
- Counsels and educates the patient and family, and other caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established goals and in meeting healthcare related needs.
- Selects and teaches task-oriented therapeutic activities designed to improve comprehension and production of language in oral, signed or written modalities; speech and voice production; auditory training; speech reading; and communication strategies using multi-modal training (e.g. visual, auditory-visual, and tactile).
- Advises and consults with the family and/or other caregivers to promote patient progress and planning for discharge.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
- Completes and submits timely, legible, accurate, relevant and sufficient documentation (written or electronic) addressing the treatment and interventions provided, the response to the treatment and interventions, and the patient’s progress toward goals in accordance with professional standards of practice, policy and procedures, and payor requirements.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization.
- Proficient working with swallowing dysfunction from babies to 21y/o.
- Proficient working with cognition issues.
- Proficient working with various neurological conditions.
- Master or doctoral degree in speech language pathology, and who meets either of the following requirements:
- licensed as a speech-language pathologist by the State in which the individual furnishes such services; or
- In the case of an individual who furnishes services in a State which does not license speech-language pathologists:
- Has successfully completed 350 clock hours of supervised clinical practicum (or is in the process of accumulating such supervised clinical experience);
- Performed not less than 9 months of supervised full-time speech-language pathology services after obtaining a master’s or doctoral degree in speech-language pathology or a related field; and
- Successfully completed an approved national examination in speech-language pathology.
- In the last five (5) years, two (2) years of experience as a speech language pathologist that is relevant to the patient population assigned preferred.
- Able to provide proof of current CPR certification, per organization-specific policy.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and workplace software.
- Able to work with people, function well under stress, use clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient and use of equipment in providing treatment.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 45 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
- Job City: Colorado Springs
- Employee Type: Part Time