Mid Level Wan Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Netcraftsmen Washington
Netcraftsmen Washington urgently required following position for Mid Level Wan Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mid Level Wan Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Netcraftsmen Washington Jobs Details:
This opening is for a Cisco-centric mid-level WAN Engineer in Washington, DC. You will work on-site, assisting our engineering team with Cisco router configuration and management projects. You will support a large national network installed base plus the addition of many new remote sites.
In this role, you will:
- Configure Cisco routers for site-to-site VPN connectivity per customer standards and best practices
Response to requests for service, as required to resolve issues
Support VPN network issues, (troubleshooting using interface/controller commands)
Assist users with locating equipment, interface ports, and cable management over the phone
Second level WAN support for Customer NCC (Network Command Center)
Shipping equipment to remote offices.
Maintaining documentation (administrative duties VPN DO installations)
Cisco network equipment support, maintenance, and configurations
Second level support for Layers 1, 2 and 3
The successful candidate must have mid-level skills and experience in the following areas:
- Candidate should have mid-level routing experience, including VPNs and EIGRP routing protocol
- CCNP preferred, CCNA required
- A solid understanding of end-to-end TCP/IP operation and performance over a WAN
- Must be able to work with team members and end users, communicate clearly, and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work with practice lead to coordinate scheduling to meet customer needs, sometimes juggling multiple projects at one time
- Able to travel to client location in Washington DC daily
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background investigation
- US Citizenship is required for access to the site location
All qualified applicants to NetCraftsmen career opportunities will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.