Safety And Security Monitor Jobs Vacancy in Oak Park Public Library Oak Park
Oak Park Public Library Oak Park urgently required following position for Safety And Security Monitor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Safety And Security Monitor Jobs Vacancy in Oak Park Public Library Oak Park Jobs Details:
The Oak Park Public Library is looking for a part-time Safety and Security Monitor to actively maintain a safe, secure, and pleasant environment for library patrons and staff through the enforcement of policies and procedures while keeping in mind the library’s objectives for access and equitable treatment for everyone.
This position is part-time, 20 hours per week, and includes paid time off and other benefits. Starting hourly rate: $15.00 to $16.50, depending on experience and qualifications. Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and after hours. We will accept applications through Wednesday, November 28, 2018.
At the Oak Park Public Library, we are engagers, we are learners, and we are stewards. We serve a diverse population at our three locations, and out in the Oak Park community. Our vision is to empower every voice in our community and our mission is to share the information, services, and opportunities that fulfill Oak Park’s aspirations.
We engage our community. We ask questions. We listen. We work to understand our community’s aspirations. Then, we apply this knowledge intentionally to make sound decisions. We turn outward in our daily work, which means we use the community as the reference point for everything we do.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Engages with patrons and staff in a positive, effective manner.
- Provides excellent customer service to all patrons and staff.
- Defuses conflicts among library patrons.
- Proactively works to prevent problem situations.
- Responds to incidents and emergencies.
- Makes frequent rounds through the entire facility to ensure safety and security.
- Works routinely at the Main Library and the Branches.
- Closes and secures the Main Library. May open the Main Library. May open, close, and secure the Branch Libraries.
- Writes reports and gathers information to be shared with staff and that may be used in a court of law to prosecute offenders.
- Contacts Police as needed, including filing complaints and making court appearances.
- Maintains professional working relationships with Oak Park Police personnel and local businesses.
- May participate in the training of new safety staff members.
- Participates in safety and security meetings as a representative of the library.
- Reads professional literature and maintain a working knowledge of the latest trends in the field of library security.
- Provides support to the maintenance staff as needed.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED and must possess two (2) or more years of work experience with safety monitoring.
- Prior work experience in law enforcement is preferred.
- Prior experience in a customer service environment is preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of customers and staff throughout the Library and outside the organization.
- Ability to effectively de-escalate wide varieties of conflicts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, comfortably, and intelligibly in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task many variable duties, requests, and responsibilities.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret manuals, policies and procedures, rules, regulations, journals, memos, letters, reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and after-hours.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor including lifting and moving heavy objects, bending, stooping.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly in order to move objects.
The Oak Park Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. We work to create and support an environment of diversity, inclusion, and equity for the benefit of our employees, our collections, our programs and services, and our community.