Transportation Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Vhb Washington
Vhb Washington urgently required following position for Transportation Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Transportation Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Vhb Washington Jobs Details:
VHB's growing Metro DC and northern Virginia offices are seeking a Transportation Design Engineer to join our Transportation Engineering Group. Our primary clients are the DDOT, VDOT and various local and county governments. Our projects include a wide variety of small to large infrastructure projects including sidewalks, on-street bicycle facilities, trails, intersections, arterial roadways, and urban roadways. This position includes working on a diverse set of design projects throughout this expanding region.
VHB’s passionate and energetic professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, designers and CADD/GIS technicians who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, VHB works to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Work within a team of professionals in developing transportation design and planning solutions for a multitude of transportation and roadway-related projects
- Roadway design, and traffic control plan development
- Bicycle and Pedestrian safety improvement design development
- Preliminary and Final Design Plan development
- Performs quantity take-off in support of construction cost estimates
- Contract plan and design development utilizing Microstation
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable working independently as well as on a team
- Familiarity with National Design Standards including the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), AASHTO Green Book, and Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) Preferred
- Familiarity with AASHTO Bicycle Facility Design Guide a plus
- Detail oriented
- Strong computer skills
- Critical thinking
- BS in Civil Engineering
- 2 to 4 years of professional transportation engineering experience, preferably in a consulting environment
- EIT preferred (with intent to obtain PE)
- MicroStation and/or AutoCAD experience
- InRoads, Civil 3D, and HydroCAD experience a plus
- Familiarity with DDOT and VDOT Project Development a plus
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact,and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.