Scientist Immunology Jobs Vacancy in Alkermes Inc Waltham
Alkermes Inc Waltham urgently required following position for Scientist Immunology. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Scientist Immunology Jobs Vacancy in Alkermes Inc Waltham Jobs Details:
Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes’ website at www.alkermes.com.
Position Description: Alkermes is searching for a talented Ph.D.-level scientist to join our discovery efforts to identify novel treatments for oncology indications. The successful candidate will have in vitro/in vivo experience with imaging techniques within an immuno-oncology/cancer biology setting. The candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Perform advanced imaging techniques to support immuno-oncology and cancer biology programs including the longitudinal tracking of tumorigenesis in vivo.
- Develop and optimize novel assays for interrogation of novel targets from both cell lines and ex vivo tissue with a focus on imaging techniques
- Record experimental activities using an electronic notebook.
- Participate in advancing Alkermes pipeline and capabilities.
- Previous experience with optimization and execution of Immunohistochemistry and Immunofluorescence protocols
- Microscopy experience including standard light and confocal microscopy
- Previous experience in tumor biology/immune-oncology including tissue isolation and sample preparation for IHC/IF analysis
- Strong understanding of immune-oncology and cancer biology
- Animal handling and necropsy experience from animal models
- Additional experience in standard molecular and cell biology techniques (mammalian cell culture, transfection, SDS-PAGE, ELISA/MSD, qPCR)
- Mutli-parameter flow cytometry experience and proficiency in FlowJo software a strong plus
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply techniques
- Ability to independently design, execute, and analyze experiments
- Sense of urgency (self-motivation)
- Strong interdisciplinary communication skills
- Flexibility (tolerate changes in priorities/directions)
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD with 0-3 years or MS with 6+ years of experience, preferably in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting. Candidates with a degree in a relevant scientific discipline (immunology or cell biology) and experience in immune-oncology or cancer biology preferred.